list of plants

fort erie, ON(Zone 6a)

delphinium,blue fringed daisy ,,monks hood ,lily of the valley, lemon fluff ,foxtail lily ,globe flower ,zebra malva,speedwell,I ordered these any comments? just starting out so please let me know if any of these need special care thanks shawn

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I've not grown monks hood, but all of the others aside from the foxtail lily are easy ones. Make sure to put the foxtail lily on a bit of a mound and in sandy soil. They are prone to rot. You made some nice choices and will have good color. :)

fort erie, ON(Zone 6a)

thank you for the help,shawn

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

My monkshood I got from lupi last year seems to be happy. It isn't in the ground yet, but in a pot in the shade, and now I seem to have babies popping up all over the place in my other pots nearby. So it can't be too picky if it multiplies like that! lol

County Roscommon, Ireland(Zone 8a)

Monkhood is an easily pleased plant that will thrive in deep shade. Please note: ALL PARTS OF THE PLANT ARE POISONOUS.

Sue

fort erie, ON(Zone 6a)

thanks for the helpful info Shawn

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Be advised that many folks find Lily of the Valley to be quite aggressive in growth habit. You will have plants to share!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I wish my Lily of the Valley was aggressive. It sounds like I have it in the wrong growing conditions. What soil and water conditions make it become aggressive? lol

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Julie, glad to see you up and about. We've missed you. The hostas are doing great!!!!!!!

:^)

Molly

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I received lotv pips in a trade about 3-4 years ago. Mine are planted in the only shady spot in my whole yard! LOL They are right behind my house. The dirt there stays moist most of the time and gets flooded when we get downpours. Mine have only doubled to tripled in the time I have had them.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I understand that lily of the valley are poisonous also? This is something that I just heard a little while ago. Can anyone comment on that?

Huntington, IN(Zone 5b)

My lily in the valley have not been invasive either. I have had them for about six years and it seems as though they always look good but I have never had to thin them.
I had some pink ones and they were nice but died on me.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

I have found that their are different degrees of Invasive. What I think is invasive you may not think. What zone you live in has alot to do with invasive plants.
You have some great choices their. They will be beauties.

fort erie, ON(Zone 6a)

thanks I hope so

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I have Lilies of the Valley coming out of my ears--almost. Very invasive here, but smell so good that I can't resist them!

Zebrina Malva is nice. It too likes to spread, but mulching will keep your patch under control. Loves sun. Trim it down after blooming & it will bloom past frost!

Speedwell is my favorite garden blue! Trim it after blooming to keep it blooming all summer. Great contrast for daylilies & Coreopsis. (Front of this bed)

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.