More signs of spring

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Saw my first robin this week, also saw a male cardinal fly into the greenhouse this morning ran and got my camera,tried to get a shot but it flew pass me as I tried to take aim,when I spotted this.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

TMan Yes indeed it is,My Robin has been back for a week or so,I have one loyal Robin,Mort,I can not stick a shovel in the ground,or start the tiller,without him being right there.
My Dove is already nesting up,I am not sure if she has laid yet,but she has a spot under the eves,every year.
That Passi looks like it is ready to go!!
Lets get growing!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I spooked a Dove today out of the wisteria vine,spooked me too,didn't know she was in there.
My thermometer said spring today,even had a little sweat running down my forehead today.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
The Dalles, OR(Zone 8b)

Ewww, I just noticed another sign of Spring... flies. I just killed the first one of the season in my kitchen :(

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

We've had flocks of robins since Feb. Cardinals stay here all winter, eat black sunflower seeds,(which we furnish) they are all on welfare.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL Hibiscus, loved the wefare seeds, I today, saw my first bluebird back for the season!!!
robins, cardinals, finches, junco, all sorts stick around here all winter long, but the bluebird caught me by surprise for sure today!!
Laurrie

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I've seen one lousy Robin. I hope that doesn't mean we are in for a bunch of winter yet. I still have all the winter birds and haven't seen a bluebird yet, so I'm a little scared of what is yet to come.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

My Petasites Japonica is Blooming,I would say spring!

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Root,better check mine!!!!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

TMan,I was talking with a new member on the phone yesterday, jdavis493, he does not live far from me,Mayhaps he will join me on my late summer run down to see you.
We are planning some GH hopping here very soon.
Root.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

And I'm ecstatic because the first Gunnera Manicata I've grown has made it through the cold season! yeeee Elaine....oh boy this should have been posted on the Per. forum..oh well, spring is here!

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Hi guys! Neat pictures. It's warm and lovely here too. I saw some butterflies for the first time yesterday, which made me happy. Spring is almost here:-)

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

sniff...snivel......the only thing floating thru the air is snow flakes...

I can see some snowdrops coming up!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

R Doc,more the merry,welcome Jeff!
Butterflies already????Clare you passed spring and went straight to summer!!!
No flowers yet Root,but I've got buds!!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Even found a leaf.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

LOL! It got up to 86 today at 10:00 a.m. It got up to 91 yesterday. My plants are all sighing a sigh of relief!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh I love this kinda talk!! Yall are so lucky to have cardinals! Send some my way! :o)
Ive heard a robin in the mornings now for about a week, no better sound that I can think of to wake me up!
My tulips are just NOW peaking their little leaves out.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Is everybody having the strong north winds that march is so
famous for?Well it knocked the hats right off my daffys!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

More flowers about to pop open!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.