Has anyone experienced these problems lately?

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

We run off DSL, and everytime we'd click on the explorer button, it would add to our home page (this little thing on the bottom of the screen). I would click that box out, go to the tools menu, then to internet options and make "msn" my homepage again. Within 5 minutes, it was doing it's own thing again. Hubby is good on computers, so I told him the computer demon was invading the machine again, and to come fix. He worked on it for hours. Something had downloaded on here (not a virus) that just wouldn't go away. It was in a hidden file, and he had to "find it".

The little tool bar that showed up at the bottom that we didn't want was "allboutsearch" (or something like that) and when I'd click the explorer button, and look up at the address it started as msn, then got bypassed with msn.... and a "passthrough", then load both.

It's gone now, thank goodness. We've had pop up galore here while it was happening, as well as programs being loaded without our asking. This really should be illegal.

I told hubby to remember what he did to get rid of it, should this be happening to any of you. It was a nasty one, he said, and he said "someone knew what they were doing".

Really ticks me off when someone decides for me how my machine should run, and what it should run. I really hope they start cracking down on these guys and make this not just illegal, but more easily trackable.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!