'Tessa' is such a sweet lady

Northern California, CA

She used to live in a pot, but has been in the ground for several years now and she is much happier and has better color. Makes a great ground cover and has more color with more sun.

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/58817/index.html

Thumbnail by Happenstance
Valley Village, CA

Are we talking Kalanchoe? If so "Wendy" her sister will give her some competition. Norma

Valley Village, CA

She seems to be a delicate plant for us. Not vigorous at all. Our does not look like yours, she has red bells hanging down, and is still in a 4" pot. I haven't looked at her yet this Spring, I guess she should be in full flower now. I hope I remember to look on Monday. Happenstance, where you the one looking for a Kalanchoe ciliata, but there is an Aloe by that name. I asked my boss about it. Perhaps its a new introduction? Norma

Northern California, CA

Old names
New names
Botonists like to play name games.

Norma the last I knew a lot of the Kalanchoes have been moved to Bryophyllum.....but 'Tessa' and 'Wendy' are still often found in the market as Kalanchoe.

I am hoping 'Tessa' hurries up and opens a few flowers, because I think I have 'Wendy' in the greenhouse, but can't be sure until I can compare the flowers. It's been a year since 'Tessa' bloomed and I'm not sure I remember exactly how dark she was in ground. When grown in a pot she was always rather pale, but seems to like growing in the ground much better and has much darker apricot/peach color in the flowers.

Hurry up 'Tessa' and open those flowers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.