Outlook Express Problem

Midway, WV

after doing a system restore I cannot start outlook express. I get a dialog window that says "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded."

There is also an error when the machine boots up and I get a "Preparing your system.... ...this may take a few minutes." window for several (about 10) minutes before Windows finishes loading. This is the same message you normally get after a reinstall, but it shows up every time the machine is rebooted.

I am using a HP Pavilion/633 Celeron with Win ME. The restore installs IE 5.5 and I downloaded IE 6 SP1 and installed it but the problem still exists.

When I did the system restore I did it without a format so I would not loose any data/cookies/etc.

I went to the Microsoft knowledge database and found this problem and the fix was to uninstall and re-install Outlook Express but the link on how to do this was not operational.

I am trying to avoid a restore with format for the obvious reasons.

Any body have any suggestions (besides avoiding HP and Windows ME) LOL

Thanks

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!