brug education

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

i am ashamed to say that today is the first time that i have looked at this thread. now i'm sorry that i did because i am definitely hooked. where can i buy some of these wonderful plants and do they all have a scent?

Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

I've ordered "Angel's Trumpet" from Gurney's. It looks like a Brug in the picture, but it hasn't arrived yet. This will be a first for me. I'll let you know how it looks when it arrives.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Please be advised,you will not get Brug seeds unless they are a cross,I do not believe any come true to seed,if there are some,there are very very few,is it Arborea that is the one?
Anyway,I had seen in the Thompson morgan catalog this seeds pack,I knew better then to order it,but today I saw it in a Greenhouse,and they were giving other seeds free with it.
I just had to see.
They are Datura seeds,the inside pack even says so.guess I will grow them out to see which dat they are.
To answer your question,they do have a great scent,some better then others,but in my opnion,most,smell better than they look,and you can see how good they look,last fall,mine could be smelled on the other side of the street.
Root

This message was edited Mar 3, 2004 6:38 PM

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

Gurney's says they are sending a potted plant. I'll post a pic when I get it.

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

Frankay
I have never grown brugs. Do you think this potted brug from Gurney's will bloom this summer? I though you might have to buy a fairly large plant for it to bloom this year.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

A lot depends on the variety and how the plant was propigated. Cuttings that were taken from the flowering region will bloom earlier than a cutting taken from a non-flowering stem lower on the plant. It could go either way when you buy a plant.

It does seem to be true ... the more you baby them with TLC the sooner you will get blooms. They like to be watered and fertilized. My first summer with brugs I didn't get flowers until it was time to bring them inside. It was enough though... to get me hooked ;)

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I was in Homestead Gardens here in Md.( a very large and reputable co.) They had a pack of seeds that said Angel Trumpet but they were pointed up so I knew they were datura. I didnt buy them. Just a note to be aware like rootdoctor was showing you.

We made this world this way because we love sensation or tabloid press, fictional stories and social media hype. If you want to know more about this, then read the article https://www.shemazing.net/useful-things-journalism-students-should-know/ and you will know what journalism students need. The search for truth is a noble search, but the work of a journalist is also an excellent opportunity for professional self-realization.

In 2024, Mittal Commerce Classes in Jaipur offers exceptional coaching for CA Foundation aspirants, delivering comprehensive curriculum coverage and expert guidance. Renowned for its result-oriented approach, the institute prioritizes personalized attention and rigorous preparation methods, ensuring students excel in their examinations. Join Mittal Commerce Classes for unparalleled CA Foundation coaching in Jaipur.
https://mccjpr.com/ca-foundation-classes/

This message was edited Apr 4, 2024 11:30 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.