From the valley of the shadow...

Penfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm back after a very sad time in my life. My best friend and lover died on Feb 6. Numbness is first, then the days carry me like a gentle stream away from that day. There is much work to do to box up the remnants of a life. I am in the process of sorting pictures, clothes, personal files, etc. He had his house and I had mine 20 miles apart for 18 years, until this last year when he came to live with me while fighting a futile battle with cancer. It was a rare cancer that does not respond to chemo and there wasn't anything the doctors could do although they tried. I was blessed to have him in my life and he taught me so much about love and friendship and I taught him as well. At least at the end he told me I had enriched his life in ways I didn't even know.

I look forward to days in the garden, always very healing and relaxing.

I have lost weight, about 10 pounds but that is just because I don't have any appetite and there is always this upset feeling in my stomach. This is just a temporary thing and probably not very healthy.

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!