spring bulbs pictures

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

post your photos of spring blooming bulbs here. Anything to help us get through the end of winter!

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Are you ready for spring?

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

OOOO that helps! Mine are just barely peeking up through the mulch on the south end of the house were there was snow just a few days ago. Tell me what is the red flower in the background? and what are the blue ones?

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

MaryE, this was a picture that I took last year. I'm just getting anxious for spring. This particular bed is covered by a foot of snow right now. Yikes! can't wait for the snow to go. The red flower in the background is a single fernleaf peony just getting ready to open and the blue flower in front is a virginia bluebell.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Here is what I have in one of my front beds.
Hoping the hosta planted in behind these dafs survived the winter!!
It's always so scary to me when the beds are soooooo barren!!!

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio

Here is a Globemaster peeking through.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i'd love to put up a few of my spring bulb shots. looking at these flowers gives me hope. :-)

Thumbnail by debi_z
Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

OOh this is not fair, I didnt get my camera till after most of my stuff wasnt blooming anymore. WWAAHH!
The flowers look beautiful and I have so many things I want to show everyone but have to wait. Just wait a couple more months and Ill be driving people nuts around here.

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

I love looking at other peoples gardens! When I'm in my own garden I see weeds and what to plant where and move this plant there.....But when I see other peoples gardens I just enjoy the beauty of it. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Tulipa tarda spring 2003. Can't wait for 2004!

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

OK, so I picked them. I could enjoy them on my desk more than out on the side of the house. Still waiting on the glads and dahlias to bloom.

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Put my boots on and headed out to the shade bed today.....I know that under all this snow lays these little bulbs just waiting to come out to give me joy!

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

late spring 2003

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

All of the daffs are gone now. This hyacinth is a beauty but does not smell.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Today on my South facing porch in the San Francisco Bay Area. The cyclamen love it here.

Thumbnail by PotEmUp
Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Ipheion uniflorum are really coming alive.

Thumbnail by PotEmUp
Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Anemone on the way.

Thumbnail by PotEmUp
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

yellow species tulips with virginia bluebells(2003) Ahhhhh I'm envious of you all in the warmer states! Pretty pics...enjoy the weather, we still have snow! boo hoo.:(

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Helena, AL(Zone 7b)

I took these today. Spring is just around the corner!

Thumbnail by bamasharon
Helena, AL(Zone 7b)

The first tulip of the year, from Dave's garden of course!

Thumbnail by bamasharon
Helena, AL(Zone 7b)

And the last one......

Thumbnail by bamasharon
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

This is Olympic Flame from a few years ago.

Thumbnail by Kelli

This is from last year.

Thumbnail by Kelli

here is what I have blooming right now.. :-) It won't be long though.

I think these are the narcissus called "Chinese sacred lily".

Thumbnail by Kelli

I don't know the name of these, other than that they are narcissus.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

tulipa crysantha

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

picture from spring 2003...hurry up spring!

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Does this count?

Thumbnail by PotEmUp
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

spring 2003..still waiting for spring 2004!

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Banning, CA(Zone 9b)

wow all of these are so pretty!!!! my firefly crocus bloomed since the first week of jan to just now... there are very few left blooming now but the fairy ones are in full bloom now.. i have a question.. is this normal for hyacinth to bloom before its completely grown out??? here are some pics....thanx!
chrissy

Thumbnail by cici77
Banning, CA(Zone 9b)

and here is another pic...
chrissy

Thumbnail by cici77
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

tulips (spring2003) Cici-I hope someone out knows the answer to your question because this has happened to me also.

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

They look like they can't make it out of the ground! How deep did you plant them?

These crocus are from our snow a week or two ago. They are gone now and I'm walking around looking at my daff's in full bloom in a sleeveless shirt!

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

I am SOOOOOOO Jealous! Hope you had a great day! Makes me feel good that someone is enjoying spring already!LOL Bev

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll be sure to enjoy it for you again tomorrow! lol :)

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

sounds good to me! what is the forecast for tomorrow? I want to make sure that I enjoy it well! He He He!

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

white species tulips spring 2003....went alittle crazy planting species tulips a few years ago....its an obsession, what can I say!

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Banning, CA(Zone 9b)

i dont have them down very deep maybe 4 to 6 inches deepand the dirt is soft not compacted... hmmmm... Anahi, when u said this has happened to u... did they grow out and continue to bloom? and did it just happen to a few of urs while the others looked like they were growing normal?
ok here are some pics i can share for spring bulbs.... this is paperwhite daff. i got these in jan and planted them.. they were on sale at home depot... i know it was prob a little late in the season to plant them but i figured .. ahhh i'll try it.. (: see the Glads popping up in the background...(=
chrissy

This message was edited Mar 7, 2004 8:58 AM

Thumbnail by cici77
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

It's 65 and sunny right now. supposed to get to 68. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.