Tomorrow I am starting some of my Gourd seeds

Mesilla Park, NM

Tomorrow I will soak a couple of variety of seeds and put them into jiffy peat pots and set them on heat mats.. getting too ansy here. Who else is starting some indoors?

Where's everybody?...

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

ME, me, me!!!! It's time and I'll be starting them this weekend :) The little ball luffas, some really cool gourd seeds that RR gave me at the round-up in September and maybe luffa. So fun to have others growing gourds, too :)

We should share pictures, eh?

Mesilla Park, NM

You all are not going to believe this... my luffa sprouted within two days with bottom heat.. I did soak the seeds for two full days though.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

I forgot how quickly they do germinate. I grew the big ones two years ago. You go, Gourd! Maybe you'll get fruit before the cicatas attack ~ fingers crossed for you :)

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh no, I already have roofrats and rabbits.. don't need those cicaras.. when are they suppposed to come? I need advance notice here..lol. so that I can put on my row covers.. Do you think that will work? I plan to use them for a while for the rabbits, once they grow up some, they will leave them alone, but then I have to find a way to prevent the roofrats from eating the gourds. (now I have to worry about those cicaras...

You know, the first time I planted luffa, I did not soak the seeds and they took forever to germinate.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Gourd, here's a link to a discussion:

http://davesgarden.com/t/417460/

I forgot that it was focused more in our area. See Shirley's link at http://www.dancentury.com/cicada/faq.html#chart

Maybe CA doesn't get these like we do? Supposedly, they prefer shade as well so hopefully you're fine. Sorry for the inadvertent scare.

Mesilla Park, NM

It's alright, I was getting prepared..lol. you never know, They are building over 300 homes around our property and I am hoping that they run over the gophers and some of the other stuff.. but with my luck, they'll run right over to our house for safety.. (little do they know)...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.