What is your favorite sewing site?

Tilton, NH(Zone 4a)

I am trying to get some things figured out, and I am looking for a good sewing discussion board or something...

Unless one of you can tell me how to create my own patterns! I make my husband's waistcoat/vest for his costume that he performs in. I started out with a 1750's waistcoat pattern and I have modified it several times. First, of course, to fit him, as he wears a 5x in shirts. Then to make the neckline a v instead of high, almost round collared. Then to make the 'skirts' of the weskit shorter so he could get into his pants pockets, and to make them even all the way around, instead of being longer in the back. Now he has asked me to add pockets on the inner and outer layers, some visible, some invisible (Nuthin' up my sleeve!). I have been unhappy with my last modifications anyway, and I am thinking about scrapping the last muslin pattern I made and starting over. I make as many as six of these a year, as they wear out or for different themes. Anyhow, I'd love to hash this all out with someone who is an expert, or even ust knows what they are doing!

Also, I want to find an attractive vest pattern for myself that doesn't accentuate the "short and dumpy" aspect of my figure, to wear when I perform as Mrs. Cedar

Lastly, I am always looking for old-fashioned, simple garments to make for my girls.

Thanks,
Cedar

Thumbnail by Linnea
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!