calico flower vine seeds?

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i have been waiting a month and my seeds have done nothing...all the other seeds i have started(except the purple trumpet vine)are up and growing like mad....are these worth the wait?...or should i just try to find a 'plant'?...any and all help is welcome

cindy

Mesilla Park, NM

Mine have been in about three weeks and nothing yet. Hopefully someone can tell us about how long they take, a small plant germinated in there but it looks like an iceplant seedling. I don't know if that is how they are supposed to look, never have seen one before.

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

I've tried germinating these a couple times in years past with no success. I've read that they can take up to a year....

Sandy

Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

This seeds need light to germinate do not cover with soil just barely press into soil without covering them.I have started many this way

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Purple trumpet vine???? I've seen yellow, orange, and red, but never purple. I LOVE purple, why dodn't I know about this plant???? :-)
Can someone give more info on where I might fine some seed?

RikerBear

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

rikerbear, i got my seeds from ebay....the puple trumpet(might be purple bell vine..lol)ill get the right name later...i also got the calico seeds from the same person and my moonflower seeds which are huge already

the calico seeds are on top of the soil under a dome and in the greenhouse....i guess i just need more patients...anyone got of that to spare?..lol

cindy

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Cindy....gonna go do a Google on Purple Bell vine now. :-)

RikerBear
aka
Marc

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

http://tomclothier.hort.net/page05.html

Try looking here for more information!

Mesilla Park, NM

Mine are on top of the soil also.. nothing yet.

emh48, does the seedling look fleshy like an apple ice plant? I have something growing in there that looks like that. Will take a photo later on today, it has been cloudy for the past few days and raining and I have them in a room behind the detached garage.. (a big trip for me) lol, since i have to put on my mud boots..

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Pre-soak. Surface sow, keep moist(use a clear cover). 30-60 days to germinate, germination erratic(they don't always germinate at the same time-some really early, some late).
If you've done all that, be sure they are covered. My first try, they dried out waiting that long. I finally covered some when the soil was just right(moist, but not damp), and had one or two pop up weekly, over a period of about a month,--- a month and a half after soaking and sowing.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Gourd, is this the plant yall are talking about? If so it has a pic of a seedling in ther that might help you.

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/942/

Mesilla Park, NM

Dravencat, I will take a photo of this one, there is another seed that is sprouting that I have been waiting for to post a photo, but it is taking so long to drop the little cap on top.. Will post a photo of both.. The bigger seedling may not be a dutchman's pipe seedling, But I don't know how that got in there (whatever it is), I used soiless mix from a new bag that is why I am waiting for that second one to open up and put on the second set of leaves..

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

My germination for calico flower was erratic also. I have 2 that made it and did have 2 that the seed would not come off of the top. I figure if I get the 2 to grow and make seed I will have many seed to try next year.

Someone I work with sells these seed on Ebay. They sell I think for around 4.00 including shipping and she sends a lot of seed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.