Grow Boxes????

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

I've gotten flyers in the mail for fancy growing containers that are suppose to water, feed, etc.... Best growing container in the world according to the ad.

I was thinking about getting a couple for my sister-in-law, but of course now I can't find any information on them. I thought they were called grow boxes, but that name doesn't come up with anything close using a google search.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? If you can give me the correct name, maybe I can find a source or a website. I even think that I've seen directions for making your own somewhere.

Newport News, VA(Zone 7a)

Morning,
They are called
Ultimate growing system
Burpee seeds has them.
According to the catalog
this system does everything.
they even offer a table
top grow light...check it out.
hope it's what you're looking
for.
www.burpee.com

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

deller,

Not what I was looking for, but interesting. Thanks for the link.

I think I have remembered what they were called:
"Earthbox"

Anyone have directions for homemade ones?

Are they only available at one place or are there other variations of the same theme?

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Try this thread http://davesgarden.com/t/409996/ It is right here on this forum. He talks about grow boxes and making them also.

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

you can get a discount on the earthboxes if you join the national gardening club. i joined and they have a lot of neat benefits including testing of different products. i think the discount on the earthboxes is around 10%.

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

check the "vegetable gardening" forum.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I use Earthboxes every year. I like them a lot. They have a discount if you buy 3 or more.
Cindy

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

I purchased Earthboxes in November 2003and it was the best gardening decision I ever made. All they advertise about it is true. Eventually, I will grow everything in them.
Many people confuse them with Gro-Box, but the difference is Earthbox is totally self-contained and weed free.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for all the help everyone.

It's nice to hear that the product is as good as it's advertising.

My sister-in-law lives in a condo, and has little room to grow anything. Well I may be being too kind, she really doesn't have the desire for one either. But last year she did enjoy the potted plants and potted tomato I gave her.

This year I think I will surprise her with an Earthbox to add to her collection.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.