mini-greenhouses

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

i feel a little silly posting this but i bought two of those mini-greenhouses at big lots yesterday. i would much rather have a hobby-size greenhouse but these were only $19.99 each. one is a bit sturdier than the other. even though i will at first be using them on a plastic-enclosed porch, i have to figure out a way to enclose the bottoms as there is a very cold draft coming up from under the outside door. i was thinking about getting those small flourescent fixtures for light and attaching them to the undersides of each shelf. any thoughts from anyone?

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Good idea! You could maybe get a bottom warming mat or two, to put on the shelves under your flats.
A draft dodger at the outside door would help eliminate the cold drafts.
Good luck!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I hung 24" flouresents from the bottom of the wire shelves using S hooks. It works great. The hard part is finding 2 foot long lights that aren't direct wire! (i.e. no cord!)

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I can get them here same price and shipping let me know I am going to christmas tree shop soon.If anyone wants one i live in maine I have my plants in them and i noticed tons are coming up

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

thats what i did to this shelf my DH got out of the dumpster!

Thumbnail by notmartha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.