Sunday, February 15, 2004

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Yep, it's all a process. All a process.

Found another good quote - "Success is not a destination, it's a journey"

Yesterday, I did perfectly until evening, but that was Valentine's dinner. I enjoyed a small antipasto plate with artichokes, cheese, etc. I probably could have prepared a better plate without the crackers. The meal was ideal, low carb - fillet mignon, asparagus (I skipped the potatoes). I did blow it with a small piece of cheesecake, but I REALLY enjoyed it. OH yes, and two vodka and tonics. But, I'm trying to get more philisophical about this. There will be days that we induldge and enjoy, but we must get back to basics immediately after.

So, back on the wagon today. Fortunately, I don't feel the bloated "blah feeling".

Thanks for the supportive posts yesterday.

I am not getting on the scale today - I don't need to see the results of last night, but I will persevere today, eat perfectly and weigh tomorrow before leaving. I agree with the other folks here about weighing daily. It will prevent you from "creeping up" ten pounds without realizing it. Sure there are many days where it looks like there is no progress, but you can catch gaining before it manifests into something that will be hard to lose.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!