Staying in Europe....

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

...but I'm moving to France in early May, if all goes to plan.
Editing to put in the website address now we have one

http://www.ingascony.com/

I've put some pics of the place we're in the process of buying in the photos forum :)

Nice to be back in the UK for now, but SO excited

This message was edited Jun 1, 2004 1:56 PM

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Great Philomel, I am very happy for you. France must be exciting place to live.
Hehehe.

Thanks Mitjo :D

County Roscommon, Ireland(Zone 8a)

Philomel, whereabout in France are you moving to? I bought a house in the South (Agde) but it has no garden. I have been putting off making plans to leave Ireland as I can't bear to leave my garden!

Sue

It's in the centre of Gascony in the Gers. Where's Agde - which departement?
Here's a link to some more info: http://davesgarden.com/t/417984/

What a lovely house. My house is in the Herault department near Monpellier, with walking distance to the Med. I moved to Ireland from England 7 years ago, to a very rural location. So when I wanted to buy in France, I decided that I wanted a bit of town life. Being so close to the sea meant that to have a house with a garden would be too expensive and properties not readily available. Still the downside for me is the thought of a warmer climate and no garden to grow more exotic plants!! I hope you will be very happy there.

Sue

How do you manage 2 houses prudence? That would be so difficult if you had garden too. How often do you visit?
My brother tells me it's lovely round there, but I haven't been there yet. Which part of Ireland are you and what prompted the move from England to the 2 houses?
I'm selling in England and doing a complete move to there, thanks for your good wishes

The climate isn't Mediterranean where we're going, but much longer summers than in the UK, wetter than Kent too :)
It'll be interesting to see the differences and learn to garden there

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

It looks lovely Philomel! I wish you every good luck. Will you be working there?

Thanks Diane :)

We'll be letting part of it as gites - self catering
A 4-bedroomed house for up to 8 people
A 2-bedroomed apartment for up to 4 people
A 1-bedroomed apartment for up to 2 people

......and I'll be gardening and researching the local wildlife. There's lots there we don't have in Kent.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Sounds good!

:D
Hope you can come - special rates for DGers!

You have mail.

Sue

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Oh Hillary...beautifull !!! You and your family have a lot of courage ...congratulations..you've made a wonderfull choice. What a space and possibilities. To move to France It's a dream I have too. I have some savings and I am on a early retirement. Problem is that I have a disabled son. You won't be leaving DG I hope?

I shall be on DG more than ever I imagine - will need guidance with so many things with a whole new garden to design and plant!
It has some lovely things in it already and it's going to be such a joy discovering each new plant as it puts in an appearance
:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.