creeping jenny

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

is it a marginal, or land plant? If it's a marginal, how deep?
thanks, tiG

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

thG I have creeping jenny growing on the edges of my pond among the rocks. It creeps right into the water. I think it'd be Ok growing in water as long as there was only an inch or two over the top of it. It likes wet soil but is very low growing so too much water and it might not be able to grow up to the surface. It has spread like wild fire around the pond for me but the stones keep it contained. I think it'd be hard to control in a regular garden. I added a page to my journal with a couple of pictures of it. When it blooms it's covered with bright yellow flowers. http://davesgarden.com/gj/poppysue/viewentry/7177.html

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh poppy! You grow everything!!!! It's so pretty! I put it in the water, but I did save some out for the outside of pond. I think I'll take more out of the pond and plant on upper side. I wish I could find something that would look just like your gorgeous pictures, but not be rampant. Have any ideas? It wouldn't have to bloom, that would just be a plus. One of my ponds doesn't really have room for anything to spread way out, but it looks kindof bare on one side. My walkway is on the side where I need something. Maybe I could send you an email with a pic and let you plan me something? would you mind??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.