Now What?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I guess there were holes in the container that I used when I took out the islandic poppies last summer. I now have a patch that is appx. 5'x3' packed with poppies. This area is slated for demolition this weekend. Should I leave them there or are they to crowded too survive?

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Can you just thin them out? It looks like they are too big to survive transplanting.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Actually they have transplanted rather well. I have been moving the stragglers all over the yard and so far they have all survived. They must know that I do not care if they live lol. I will try thinning them some and see what happens.

I have a lot of this one too but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

This is a single plant of the poppy. The beast is thigh high and not a bloom on it yet. Patience, patience.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Your second picture doesn't look like a poppy... at least not one that I know. Thining them will help. When they're too crowded the blooms are smaller and the plants don't do as well.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I do not think the second pic is a poppy either. Don't know what the heck it is. I transplanted some so I will find out in the by and by.

Maybe I will try digging these out deeply an moving them to my 4x8 plot by my patio that nothing likes and spread them out. It is cold and shady in the winter and hot and sunny in the summer. these wil be gone before the heat of summer. Then I think I will brick it in so I can put potted plants on it. Decisions decisions.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That middle pic reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it! Maybe cilantro, a type of daisy or fever few, a wicked weed.....LOL I have seen it before! Darn!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

It is a nasty weed. The kind we used to make scissors out of. Foget the name. It just got so tall that it was pretty. They are usually flat on the ground. Has small purple flowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.