Sunday, February 8, 2004

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

I just read the challenge progress!

Way to go folks - I'm at 10%, but heck - that's better than gaining. My weight is down this morning over a pound (and the body fat was way up - almost 2% ).

I know that's because of the two vodka and seltzers that I drank last evening. But, I kept my food intake moderate so it will sort itself within a day or so. The weight will come back up and the body fat go back down. Most important, I'm not letting that day of enjoyment ruin my week. I splurged a bit and now it's time to get back to basics.

More and more - I am accepting there will be days that I blow it - (as B_G keeps reminding us, this is a lifetime effort), so there will be days that we enjoy ourselves, but we must be in it for the long run. And, as I start to think more about it, I'm thinking of how some people CAN enjoy buffets or extra food or Thanksgiving, etc. - everyone eats a bit more, but you use the other days to COMPENSATE and even it out, much like the WW's approach of saving points. That must be what people at the right weight do, enjoy on the right days and compensate before or afterwards so it all evens out.

So, I am back on the wagon today, drinking more water to replenish the dehydration and will stay very low carb today to compensate for the little bit of extra food I ate yesterday.

Don't forget to check out vic's thread on coping strategies - either you might write something down that clicks with someone, or you might read something that someone else does that clicks with you and gives you an advantage.

Thanks for being a diet outlet for me, somewhere to ramble. It does help!

This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!