Looking for a swap

County Roscommon, Ireland(Zone 8a)

Hello, I'm quite new to Dave's garden. I live in the Republic of Ireland and Dave's is like a breath of fresh air as I live in a very rural area where you can easily lose touch with the outside world. I am interested in growing tropicals from seed as they can be quite challenging and I am very interested in bamboo but no seeds available. Does anyone wish to swap some bamboo runners for hardy orchids (I have many hardy Dactylorhiza orchids) or herbaceous perennials? I have a list I can e-mail you. I have looked on the bamboo forum but the USA is too far to do a plant swap.

Thanks

Sue

Arrgggghhh Prudence (welcome to the European forum incidently) of all the things I could swap ... I just don't have any Bamboos. I'm a Dactylorhiza fan, if you have any photos, I'd love to see them please :)

BAA, I do have some photos taken last year but I don't think I can load the pic on this site. Can you e-mail me and I'll reply with pic of Dacts which I took last year. If you have a plant list, we may be able to trade.

Sue

I'll send you an email and let you know how to upload the pics too :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hi Sue,
I just had to come over and say Hi. I'd love to see your pictures too. Hope all is going well for you. I have my seeds chilling, so I'm getting ready to give them a try in about a month.

Hi Shirley, my brugs and datura seeds are soaking before potting up tomorrow evening. Oh and I have one seedling about 2 inches tall of Brug sanguinea - my first ever brug. I have followed BAAs instructions, so here is the pic of the hardy orchids.

Sue

Thumbnail by prudence
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh Sue, those are beautiful. Love the color too. Hey, all that green is very nice looking right now. Everything here is so white.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Hi Prudence where are you in the South?

Thanks Shirley. The pic was taken in my garden last year.

Mark, I'm in the West of Ireland - County Roscommon - very rural.

Sue

North Tonawanda, NY(Zone 3a)

Just browsing the forums and saw your post. I did a search and come up with this link
http://freespace.virgin.net/mike.mjgoodall/bambooa.htm
If you are interested in getting seeds. It has some good information on bamboos in the UK, and some pictures.

Thanks very much for that Zone3. I found it very interesting.

Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.