Calla Lilies

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Just got back from Wally World with callas!! I got lavender, yellow, and a red/yellow streaky kind called Flame, with white spots on the leaves like the white kind. They also had white and pink ones. They are the ones in bags and there are two bulbs in each. Some are already showing signs of sprouting.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

OH boy i'm steamin jealous, been watching my wallyworld for 2 weeks now, waiting for callas i'm dying here. I want them callas bad!!!!!!!!!! LOL

kathy_ann

how much did you pay for yours at your wally world

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

They were $2.72 for 2 bulbs. I thought that was a great price.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I know the Lowe's here have their bulbs in now. I can't remember if they had Calla or not-I was trying to keep my distance! LOL I did see elephant ears, caladiums, glads, canna and others. I can't believe it is THAT time of year already!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Elephant ears at lowes? ha! not at mine, that is a good price on callas I think, i'm still watching my stores, waiting patiently LOL
kathy_ann

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, they only carry the plain old green ears, but they are ears. LOL I bought some there last year labelled as A. macrorhiza-you know the cool upright ones?! After a month of waiting, having them in ice cream bowls full of soil, under lights...they finally came up and were the plain old green ones! I took them back, threw a fit, got my $7 per bulb back and rebought the plain green ones for $1-3 so they would not throw them away. LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that was good of them to let you have your ees back at a cheaper price.

kathy_ann

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

Out here the HDepot garden centers also have their bulbs for sale. Callas are 2 for $2.96, a price close to Wallyworld, good selection of colors including 'Flame'. Also glads, caladiums, dahlias, hostas, lilies, and begonias in pkgs. Some good mixed assortments as well. I got 30 'Tiny Tot' mixed glads for $4.96. Only one bulb in the pkg was shriveled, the rest were fine, which is pretty good for big box stuff.

Hope they are as pretty as the ones I planted last fall. Below is a photo of some that are just starting to come into bloom right now. Spring starts in mid-January in California which still seems strange to this transplanted Midwesterner.

Thumbnail by jkom51
Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

I just got five Aethiopica Callas for 3.98 on sale at Home Depot. I also got 3 hyacinths for 1.46, 20 tulips for 2.38, and two asiatic lilies (Cote D' Azur) for 1.46. By the way, has anyone tried 'Cote D' Azur'?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Paul, you definitely got the best deal. LOL that's great on the callas

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

What are Aethiopica Callas? How are they different from the "regular" callas?

Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

I just meant it is Zantedeschia aethiopica or some cultivar of it. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.