Lavender Lady

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

I want to grow this I'm in zone 9b is it hardy enough 25f? What if any Passafloras are, anyone please help. Thanks!

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

There are several passiflora that are hardy to zone 9. I didn't find this one listed in the catalog I was looking at, but I'd bet if you put it next to the south wall of your home or garage, it would be okay. Maybe a little mulch around the roots would help too. There are two or three that are hardy to 7,6, and zone 5. I am one zone away from being able to grow P. Incense. Good luck. I hope it will work out for you. P. Caerulea, Blue Bouquet, Coral Glow, Elizabeth, Incense, Platyloba, Pura Vida, Star of Bristol, and Alato-Caerulea (same as Belotti, I think) are all hardy to zone 9. I'm sure there are even more than that. I'm getting this information from the Logee's catalog.

Thanks so much!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I grow this one on the Gulf Coast, last week we had frost and a low of 30. It is still going and in bloom, the frost didn't nip it one bit. I'm not sure how cold it will go but so far it has survived 30 degrees.....so far this has been the most proflic bloomer I have ever had, including the Maypop that is native to us...
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp

What kind is it? I like purple ones They kind look like this one.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, My goodness sorry I didn't make the name clear.....it is also Lady Lavendar aka "Amethyst".. I preforms wonderfully here and has done well all summer. There are not as many blooms now as there were in summer only half a dozen or so. I have gone out in summer and count 86 flowers at one time.....
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great pictures. Can't wait for the snow to melt.

I liked that one, but it said in Logee's that it was hardy only to Zone 10 and up. So it grows in zone 9a? I like this one too. Elizabeth.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

We are suppose to freeze tonight again, for maybe the 3rd time this winter. I will take more pictures tomorrow and let yall see how LL is doing....
Oh and I forgot to mention my P. Mollissima is still going to and has not lost a single leaf.
Dee

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have the following passionflowers:caerulea, incarnata, vitafolia, ruby glow, quadrangularis, edulis, belotti, lavender lady. I live in zone 8b. My edulis and caerulea does not even die back during the winter. The others die back to the ground for the winter but re-emerge in the spring.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you raise these from seed or cuttings? I have the native maypop. I was wondering about the hybrids.
Teresa

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

My incarnata came from seeds. The rest were seedlings.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Rylaff, can you tell me again, or give me the link to the thread that explains how to get cutting to root out? Having no luck with mine at all.

Molly

Elizabeth and Incense when during the year do they flower and for how long?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I grew Lavender Lady(Amethyst) in TN(zone 7a) and it was hardy there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.