Greenhouse plans from Jim Kennard - cant open file

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

I've tried downloading the greenhouse plans from the "extra" section. I can download the plans, but they won't open on my PC. I get an error message saying that wordpad has encountered a problem.

Any suggestions on how I can get this file?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Tree...you might try right-clicking on the file (wherever you show it listed...My Documents?), then choose "Open with". A drop down menu should appear, then choose your preferred program, probably Word.

If that doesn't help, re-post this over in the computer forum. Good luck!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Horseshoe,

I tried that with no success, maybe the problem is I don't have word, only works.

Jim is going to email me the file, hopefully that will solve the problem. If not, I'll visit the computer forum.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Tree_Climber, I just looked at my copy of that file, and it is in Microsoft Word format. You might ask Jim to send it to you in PDF format if he can, and then you could open it in Acrobat Reader.

Acrobat Reader is free online from Adobe if you don't have a copy.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Darius.

Good Idea, I do have acrobat reader.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I also downloaded the plans and then could not open them. I let Dave know, and he is going to see if he can get it on site in pdf format.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

skyeblu,

Thanks for contacting Dave. I'll be watching for that pdf format.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I had no trouble opening mine. Then again I DL'd it some time back, before the server change/change, maybe that is why?

Mine downloaded in Word. Wonder if I sent it to you would it open for you?

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

My DH tried word pad, but not word. I'll show him this post.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

If you DO NOT have Word, it is unlikely you can open the file until it gets converted to a PDF file.

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, apparently Dave has converted to .pdf but you cannot access it

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /files/Mittgard/Mittleider_Greenhouse.pdf on this server.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Jim,

I have converted your file to a .rtf format which will open up in wordpad. If you want me to email it to you, you can then distribute it at your discretion.

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

Thank you Tree_climber!

I would be happy to receive it. Or you can ask Dave to post it there. Or Both!

Jim Kennard

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Jim,

I've emailed the file to you.

Glad to have the chance to help.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Can someone send to me as well? Prefer PDF if possible.

Thanx
RikerBear

rikerbearnw@yahoo.com

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

Done:

Jim Kennard

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Jim....seems that DG has the wrong email format set. When sending an email from a post one must first delete the "e-mail:" or "mail to:" part of the address.

RikerBear

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

You could get around that Rikerbear by not typing "email" or "mail to" and just show your address

OR, and more importantly if you want to use one of the fine features of DG,

people can click on a persons user name and the choice to send them an email will pop up on the next page. This also keeps your email safe and secure and out of sight of others should you not want the whole world to see it.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I didn't type that Horseshoe....DG added it automatically.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2004 7:09 PM

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Ohhh...thanks rikerbear, I wasn't aware of that.

Much obliged.

By the way, I'm a month late but..

WELCOME TO DG! Hope to see you around!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Horseshoe. I'm having a great time on DG, everyone is SO friendly and helpful. This is truly a GREAT place.

RikerBear

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.