Do you know what this is???

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

This is a hanging vine I got in the summer but have never been able to put a name with it. The blooms look alot like the MG tree or the Ruellia(Mexican Petunia). I have found out since it is in the GH any part of it that has touched the ground has rooted.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2004 12:23 AM

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Might be Browallia speciosa.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2004 2:04 PM

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't know what it is Donna but it's beautiful. If you have any rooted cuttings, I'd like to get in line for one.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Pretty, whatever it is.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Ada you'll have to wait. I just potted up a few but have them up for grabs for the round up in April.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Looks like my mexican petunia

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Donna, do the leaves seem somewhat leathery? Leaves look like Ruellia.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Donna,

I have Mexican Trailing Petunia
and it does look like mine.

Honeybee

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Donna,

I think Honeybee is right. I got one in a co-op last year - I think from Cala. And I've got babies growing in pots from seeds or??

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

No leaves are kind of velvetity hairy feeling. Does it root were it touches the ground Honeybee? I hate having something and not knowing what it is.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Yes Donna, the leaves are kind of hairy, does root touching the ground & like the reg. Mex Petunia the seeds pop everywhere.
I got it from a Co-Op here last year. Love the way it hangs over the pot.

I have a yellow daisy that trails the same way, makes a great ground cover. It can go crazy, but I just use the lawn mower when it gets out of hand.
I'll have to dig around to find the name, I can bring some to the RU if you want some.

Honeybee

Honeybee

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Honeybee I looked it up on internet and the leaves are not the same as what was shown for Mexican Petunia, nor could I find one with white center. I also didn't get any seeds from it. Hmmmm. I would love to have some of your yellow for a hanging basket.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Donna,

Will bring you the daisy.

Honeybee

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Duh I found it. It is a trailing Ruellia. I knew it looked alot like it. It is called Ruellia squarrosa
http://www.butterflies.org/hortcltr3.cfm?plantID=131

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.