About time

California, MD(Zone 7a)

It's getting about that time, isn't it. There's 6" of snow and ice on the ground here and I can't set mine up. Aaaaaaargh!

This message was edited Jan 30, 2004 6:57 AM

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Nothing is harder than waiting.
Mine is up but I have no electricity to it, other than an extention cord. DH says I shouldn't really run my heater on an extention cord.
I've been wanting to start seeds for two weeks.(Frustration level is rising rapidly) Aaaaargh!

California, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry I'm not closer to you in Missouri but Que sera, sera!

Tell dear hubby that you can run a 115V, 2000W heater on a #12/3 evtension cord if it isn't over 100'. You can run a 230V, 4000W heater on the same cord, if you have someone around who knows how to make up a cord for you. The guy in the electrical supply house could possibly help you. You can put a dryer cap (male plug) on the house end of it and plug it into the dryer outlet. On the other end would be the the plug cap (female plug) to match the one on the heater IF IT IS A 230V HEATER. Don't try to run a 115V heater on 220V.

If you want to get a #12/3 cord, ACE Hardware has the best deal on them. But if you can make it with a 50' one, just get a 50'. The closer to the correct length it is, the better off you will be. But a 100' one will be okay with the cold weather because heat is electricity's enemy. The cold will help keep the resistance lower. You will be safe, here, either way. Just make sure you plug it into a 20A receptacle... like the one for the washer, for your 115V.

Edited for SPELLING AND TYPOS.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2004 9:02 AM

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Bob!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.