Garment Steamers

(Zone 5b)

Years ago I a garment steamer at a local laundrymat before we bought our house and had to drag out the laundry every week. It was awesome. Well, I found an inexpensive one at Big Lots a couple weeks ago and I really like it. It beats the heck out of an ironing board (I HATE ironing!), but one more thing would make this steamer perfect. The hanger sways back & forth on a hook, which is at the top of a tall pole. The commercial one I used years ago had some kind of platform to semi-lay/hang the hanger kind of at a slant, which made the steam more productive, I could reach places easier and without catching the steam on my hands, use a little pressure in spots, etc.

Does anyone have ANY ideas for how I could rig up something like that on this pole? I'd like to be able to still roll it from room to room but I'll give that up if I have to.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!