January 27th, 2004

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good snowy afternoon. I'm not sure if we will get to leave tomorrow or not. Mel still can't get thru to the airlines. All lines are busy.

Jewl, I'm so sorry to hear about the doe. I remember those heart aches all too well. Some animals we just never really can put out of our memories very far. I certainly hope Julia's traveling is safe. As for your hubby's ear, I too feel it may be GOD's way of keeping him home with you. We never know how GOD will answer our prayers and meet our needs.

Mary, congratulations to you and Breezy both. Neither could have done without the other. You sound like a terrific team out there on the trails. I'm so glad to hear that your accident friend is doing well. Perhaps it really took this to make him give JESUS first place in his life. Unfortunately that happens to so many people. Many of us think we are living for GOD but keep little corners of our hearts and lives for ourself to rule and that just doesn't work very well. HFH is such a wonderful program. Sedalia has new homes built or at least big repairs done on some every year.

Mel and Jack are out sightseeing this afternoon. Since Mel grew up here he knows all the interesting places. Jack is a real history buff and will certainly enjoy any sights Mel takes him to. They really do have a lot of interests in common.

I'm mostly resting yesterday evening and today. They only have one vehicle and Sheila doesn't like to drive on the ice and snow so we are stuck here at the house. Neither of us are big on TV and my eyes can only take so much reading so we're doing a lot of sleeping.

The new great grand daughter(our first and only great grandchild so far as we know)) is so sweet and beautiful. Right now there is a big issue between her father(our grandson)and his latest girl friend. For a long time he denied he was Ayla's father but when some timeing and dating/living together facts were pointed out to him and he actually saw her it ended the doubts. It would take a DNA test to convince the rest of the family and most friends Alya isn't his child. Her mother(Kama)has made some big mistakes in her past but has become a quite mature and devoted mother. She would even renew the relationship with Byron if the new girlfriend was out of the picture. Something that is well on the way to happening. I explained to her that his first responsibility is now to Ayla and her mother and she will just have to learn to live with that reality.

GOD bless and keep each and all of you. Please pray for safe flights for Cherish, Jack, & I as we return home.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!