French Pussy Willows

Newport, OR(Zone 5a)

I bought a bare root Pussy Willow. It doesn't give much info on the package. Shade or sun? Size? Would someone be kind enough to tell me more about it? I should stay away from Home Depot around bareroot time. I just can't resist. I keep buying roses and plants I have no more room for. I wonder if there is a support group for this sort of thing.... :>)

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

My French pink pussy willow, here in Zone 5b, is planted in full sun. It started out as ten rooted cuttings 6 years ago, and is now 25'tall and 15' wide.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I want a pussy willow!! Ive wanted one for so long but either I cant find one when i have the funds or I find a bunch when Im broke or they just want too much. Maybe this year. "sigh"

Newport, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you kayjones, I had no idea they got so large. I planted mine in a five gallon pot untill I found out what to do with it. It seems to like it, however, it never did have little pink fuzzies. It just went straight to leafings out. Is that normal? To davencat...If mine puts on a lot of growth I would be happy to send you a cutting, if someone tells me how to do it. I think they are probably pretty easy to start. I've heard of people just sticking a twig in the ground and having it grow.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

forgetmenot if everything works out I would be thrilled to get a cutting and hopefully I will have something that you would like then too.
keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Newport, OR(Zone 5a)

Hi dravencat, so far so good. It's growing very nicely in it's pot. When I find a good place for it I will set it out in the yard. Then we shall see what we shall see. As you can see I don't get around to answering my posts very often. I forget to check them. We are listed as zone 11, but I think we are much colder than that. We are right on the Mojave river and things that survive a block away just give up in our yard. And, things that have no business growing here, do. Go figure......

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

dont worry about the time thing, I do it all the time. Im sure there are a couple of threads here that I forgot about. Still keeping my fingers crosed and so happy for you that its doing well. When you can Id love to see a pic.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

HMMMMMMM, a long time ago I purchased a few pink pussy willow trees, from Brecks I think. After the first yr. they reverted back to the silver ones :(

Newport, OR(Zone 5a)

How rude of them! I have a lot of "Stuff" in my garden that is not what the plant label shows. It doesn't happen just now and then but quite frequently. I hope mine stays pink. I quess there are no guarantees, alas. Were yours ever pink?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.