heaters 1/2 price

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

check out Lowe's! all heaters are 1/2 price. We got a 30K btu Comfort Glo for the house for $124.50, regular $268. Wish I had the money to get an extra one for another greenhouse, but next winter for sure.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

oes anyone heat with unvented propane heater? what kind of results are you having? Thanks

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Hello oriole, welcome to dave's. If you haven't already, go visit the Welcome Mat so we can all get to know you!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oriole, I have one in the greenhouse and one in our home. We're having great results now, but it took us a bit to get the air intake right. You considering buying or do you have one?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

tiG, I'm relieved to hear you got that heater running correctly. Did it just need more air or something?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

So what's the recommended type of heater for a grennhouse? I know there are choices as far as gas, propane ect. I won't need one until next winter and I have a small electric heater to get me started.

I'm a little worried about fire hazzards. DH and I both work nights and won't be a round when the heater is running full blast. The greenhouse is small - 9' x 14' so I won't need anything very big.... but it does get dang cold here.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Shoe, it needed a larger intake hole, once we got enough air in there we haven't had it go out once.
not sure what's recommended up north, but the unvented propane is a life saver for us.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

YAY!....So glad to hear that. Your g-house must be like another planet by now! Very tropical, eh??

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

you bet!!! the humidity is too high, but it's all a learning curve this winter, can't wait til next, I might know what I'm doing:) thanks so much for your help and encouragement, it meant a lot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.