they're drooping! Why?

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Can anyone tell me how to stop my Kalanchoe Tubiflorum (mother of thousands...the tubular kind) from drooping. It starts at the bottom and works its way up. I try less water, more water. Can't seem to make it happy. Any suggestions?
thanx

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

I don't know. But I am experiencing the same thing. Does yours have spots on the leaves?

Valley Village, CA

Cut off the top, and replant. It may be rotting, it should be in flower at this time with big red flowers. Norma

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

It's only about 7 inches tall. Here's a pic of it. Don't forget, I'm in Cleveland. So this is just a houseplant. Doesn't get much sun these days.

Thumbnail by celia
Valley Village, CA

The poor thing, it just needs more sun. All it can get. Thanks for telling where you live. My are out in the garden making a pest of themselfs, but the flowers are worth waiting. This is a envasive plant, so watch for it to come up in carpeting and cracks in cement, or motar on the kitchen sink. ;o) Norma

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

More sun huh? Well, I better get the grow lights out, cuz it's like 10 deg. here and very little sun. Thanx so much for the info!

Valley Village, CA

Celia if you mean only the leaves, they naturally grow down. If you give more light now it just may flower for you, and the spots will sharpen up. This plant thrives on negelect. Norma

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanx Norma. I thought it was dying. Maybe this summer I'll get it to flower.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.