salmon thunbergia

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Well, I finaly got a flower. I can't decide if it was worth the wait. The regular black eyed susan thunbergia is much showier. and bloomed much quicker. This one was over the fence before I got a bloom and it only had a 20% germination rate. It is different though.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Beautiful. Sorry it's not a good producer.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Janice,
I know what you mean. I did the sunrise surprise thunbergia's last year & they were just not what I thought they would be. Is that what these are? I have been wishy washy if I want to get the blushing suzies that look a bit brighter. At least in the picture they do, but who knows.
You said yours don't die back there, right? Maybe next bloom season it will be mature enough to produce more for you.
I will keep my fingers, eyes & toes crossed for you!
X~}
Donna

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I am just disappointed because the orange ones make such a wall of color. They bloom all year here. I think that I will go for the white ones next. They are very showy with the black centers.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I grew all 3, the orange, the white & the sunset. The white bloomed much earlier then the other two & had tons of flowers.
I was not really all that impressed with them on their own, too much white & they turn kind of brownish when they age. But mixed in with the other colors would be pretty. Actually, all 3 mixed together WOULD be pretty. I think I will do that myself since I still have some of last years seeds to plant. Hmm, thanks for the idea Janice! LOL

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Donna, you are probably right. The seeds for the white that I have seen are mixed with other colors. My orange one do a superb job of keeping themselves reseeded.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.