Where to travel this Summer?

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I was talking about this topic again with my parents.. At first I though Romania and Bulgaria would be cool, because I haven't been there before. Anyway, then we started thinking of Western Europe, because we hadn't been there for a long time. We would travel with our own car anyway, so it wouldn't matter where we would go. Then I thought - why not UK and Ireland? I haven't been there before either :D

So, looks like we could be coming to the UK. Hmm. I have to plan the whole thing again. Lots to think and find out :/

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

sounds great Evert! The uk is a great place to visit as long as you accept that warm sunny weather is not guarenteed!! LOL If you need any help you know where to come. Everyone here will be more than willing to help you.

Bucharest, Romania

This message was edited Jan 31, 2004 7:57 PM

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I could give you lots of tips on where to go in the North York Moors!!!!!!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

What do you think - the ferry to the UK. Do they operate ferries from The Netherlands, or preferrably from Belgium? I really don't like traveling too long on a ferry, it's just so boring..

Then the route in the UK, I've always been fascinated by the South Western England, and also uplands of Scotland. Quite a way between the two :S

Are there still Bed and Breakfast places available around the countryside in England/Scotland? And what if we would want to visit Ireland as well. It would be easy with the money there at least, he he he ;) Are there plenty of ferries available?

Evert

The Zeebrugge (Belgium) ferry still runs to Rosyth (Scotland). If you want a fast ferry to Ireland you'll probably be best placed to catch it from Holyhead to Dublin but there are others.

South West England is beautiful, but what kind of things do you and your family like doing? There is the Eden Project in Cornwall, Wooky Hole and Chedder Gorge in Somerset among other things down that way. Wales is another beautiful country to visit too. Doesn't matter where you go in GB there are B&Bs everywhere. If you can find the Rough Guide books, I'm sure they will help you plan specifically, they have a website too.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

The Highlands of Scotland are very beautiful Evert! The weather can be problematic at times though. It does rain at times! So you'll need your mac. You'll also have to carry somthing to keep away the midges.

The Road to the Isles is very lovely.

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Evert;) If was you, I would definitely go to the Eden project place. It has to be cool.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

oops a rude typing error

Yep the Eden Project is amazing as well as the, close by, Lost Gardens and Trebah.

In Ireland, North And South, there is so much to see and do. There are many sites of ancient Ireland - Monoliths etc, fantastic gardens both private and open to the public - National Botanic Gardens, Dublin, Mount Stewart in County Down, Folk Museums showing how it was back in the day, the scenery of West Ireland's coast or the Glens and coast of County Antrim. I'll get you a tourist book for Ireland.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2004 9:44 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.