Think you had a bad day?

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I am ready to put this one behind me,I was in a house today,first thing I did was step on a nail,not too bad,you kinda get used to walking lite footed.houses are full of cut off pieces of wood,laying around with nails sticking up,you get more mad about poking a hole in bottom of your shoe.
About ten minutes later,I smash my middle finger with a hammer.bad,it is purple and nail will come off.Ouch.
about an hour later,this is a tall house,3 floors,with the middle stairway going around from the basement to the attic,no handrails,I was on the third floor walking by the stairs,when a framer was handing a board to a guy up in the rafters,he had mud on his boots and slipped,he hit in front of me on the edge,I grabbed him,I thought Oh S***,we are both going! next stop was the basement!
He broke his ankle,but was so happy to be alive,I thought he would never let go of my hand as they hauled him off.
so back to work,I was on a ladder,ans stepped down on a nail.other foot,not an easy one like the first,almost through my big toe.
I sure was glad to get home,time for a beer or two,and a little surfing.
just had to vent,Moni is out for her birthday,I got her tickets to a Frank Sinatra Musical,as long as I didn't have to go!!

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!