Thanks to Ma vie Rose

Murrells Inlet, SC(Zone 8a)

This message was edited Mar 17, 2004 1:44 PM

Thumbnail by dmichael619
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

My seeds came today as well, Mavie. I didn't know you were starting me with my own datura nursery. lol

This message was edited Mar 17, 2004 4:17 PM

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

What a beautiful brug! Thanks for posting.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2004 4:18 PM

Thumbnail by dmichael619
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL!!!I was coming in here to start my own thread!Mine came too,MaVie,You are a Sweetheart!!

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Got mine too, thank you, thank you!! So many seeds - so little space. I will get them started tomorrow. I'll send photos of the results.
(edited for typo)

This message was edited Jan 14, 2004 9:35 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

MaVie, thanks so much. My seeds arrived today and I was shocked at how many came and my DH said "boy, she put a lot of work into packaging those", so he does notice some things. Thanks so much.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

MaVie, thank you so very much. My seeds came today. I'm returning your postage and some towards all the little envelopes. can't wait to get them planted.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Mine came too, I didn't even remember you were going to send me some. It was almost like Christmas. I'm sending you some $$ for the pstg. and packaging also.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Really, her envelopes were so beautifully done. Unlike mine with my scribble across them!

Just think Ma Vie, next summer there will be daturas across the coumtry just because of your generosity!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Y'all are very welcome. i tried to divide all the seeds equally with everyone that sent me their address. as promised from the thread i had before... i tried to keep my word.

those are not a lot of seeds, basing from personal experiences of growing datura from seeds, not all seed are viable or would sprout. it is no different from other plants. some seeds are dud, others do come through.

they look to be a lot of seeds due to the different varieties of datura i was able to grow last summer. i hope they all grow for u as they did for me.

i plant my seeds direct to the ground when the temperature get warmer. in my case, i start them in May. i try not to plant the seeds any earlier cuz that is when i lost more seeds. when the weather is warmer, it does not take too long for them to become new plants. datura seeds do respond quicker in warmer than cold weather.

Ana, u do not owe me anything. those were the seeds promised from 2 yrs ago that was never fulfilled due to a former waco neighbor who destroyed most of my plants.

Kell, it does not take a lot of effort to make the labels cuz i have the software that does it for me. besides, i made those labels and envelopes last summer, knowing what i am bound to encounter when the seeds are ready.

Brugie, am sure Jim observes a lot , just that he does not often mention what he sees.

Enjoy ur seeds everyone!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

David, that is so beautiful - thanks for posting it. If anyone has more seeds than they need, email me and I will trade with you if I don't already have them.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

MaVieRose!!!! Oh my...what a wonderful surprise when I got home today! You certainly made my day! You are so very sweet, I just can't thank you enough. I read this thread last night and thought to myself....well how sweet of her. And then I had a package of wonderful datura seeds from you today, and so many different kinds! Thank you....thank you and thank you so much! I will think of you everytime I see them bloom. Ooooooh, I'm so ready for spring and summer! Thanks again!

Brinda :)

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Are there photos somewhere of them? I seem to remember pics of the one hanging down, but can't find it now, and the one with speckles. I would love to see pictures.

I started a few seeds today, just couldn't help myself.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Linda ... scroll down to Oct.1, 2003, there are photos on 11:27 and 11:38 pm on the datura that got specks on them http://davesgarden.com/t/400807/datura

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

MaVie - I got the seeds today and they look great. Thanks for the share.

Northridge, CA(Zone 10a)

MaVie: Any chance you might have any more seeds left?
How about cuttings? Please let me know and I'll send you my addy and of course I'll reimburse you for your postage.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

MaVie, you are an angel!! what a nice surprize to see the seeds in my mailbox, I love you!

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for bringing the thread with the photos back MVR, they really are beautiful. Can't wait.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

u're very welcome Pam and Carena. i am glad to be able to share.

Joe, i sent u email.

Linda, i hope u found what u were looking for. hope u bookmarked it this time... just kidding LOL!

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I have so many bookmarks that I can't find anything.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Me too, Linda! I am thinking of just going down with my finger on the delete button. I never could find anything anymore anyway on it. Easier to just google.

edited to prove I can speak English!

This message was edited Jan 19, 2004 6:26 PM

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi MaVie....

I just heard from Bambi (back2back) and her computer is down. She wanted me to tell you that she got your seeds and that she really appreciates you and your hard work. She'll get with you as soon as she is up and running again!

Brinda :)

Herbstein, Germany(Zone 5a)

Mavie, they are beautiful. Are these summer pictures?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Monika, yes they were all taken Summer of last year. each datura has it's own unique mild fragrance, but i like the lilac one in particular.

thanks Brinda glad to know Bambi got her seeds.

Linda and Kell, sounds like some bookmark organization is in order. need to categorize what u got bookmarked LOL.

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Who's got time to organize? :-) I mean, I have to read, read, read, and then there are the seeds to start and the cuttings to tend. So many plants, so little time.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i used to say that Linda, until i want or need the info bad enough, as i re-read each url, i decided to create folders upon folder and create categories.

if i did not organize, i probably would have 10 pages of links. now cut down to 4 pages... i still got lots more to go thru LOL.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I have got to organize mine soon. I have a lot of folders, but I need more sub folders so I don't have to look so far down lists. Thanks for reminding me that I have yet another job to do. LOL!!

Herbstein, Germany(Zone 5a)

I was just curious Mavie! I like the deep Pink of the flowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.