What is it?

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

This was given to me by somebody who didn't know the name of it. Her's had never bloomed and so far mine hasn't either. What growing conditions does it need?

Thumbnail by MaryE
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil(Zone 11)

Looks like a small Epiphyllum.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Um.... Send it to someone in zone 10 or 11? :-) Maybe someone who raises them in a green house will come along soon and heklp you out. Toss them outside and water now and again works here. Do not be too nice to them.

Murrells Inlet, SC(Zone 8a)

that is an epiphylum of sorts. Jsut don't know hwich one because there are thousands of them out there. Both of mine are in the gh,I do know that frost will kill them so if you are not in a frost free zone I wouold be carefull with it.
Ep's bloom in a rainbow of colrs,bicolors and even tricolors.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thanks, quick results! It went from my windowsill to my new greenhouse where it is 50-60 degrees, placed behind a taller plant so it does not get direct sun. After there is no danger of frost (in June) it will go outside for the summer, then back to the greenhouse. Maybe it will get inspired spending a summer outside.

Valley Village, CA

I live in So. Calif. ours is left out all winter, but is seldom gets lower than 30F. We do have a shade cloth on the row of them, and they are growing on the north side of the greenhouse outside. They do need good light to flower, just hope it flowers and someone on this forum has the exact one flowering at the same time. When you have a match then you will know what it is. Keep it on the dry side. It should flower about mother's day. I may have some old catalogues left with pictures of them. I will look and let you know. Matter of fact I'll do that right now. Norma Lewis

Valley Village, CA

I have one catalogue left. Would you like it. Norma
Send me your address. Email me privately and send your address.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

That would be wonderful, thank you. You have mail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.