Haworthia?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

This is a 4" pot and is really doing well.

Any ID?

Thumbnail by henryr10
High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Haworthia magnifica var acuminata http://www.haworthia.com/Sheets/DEM926.htm

Ric ur plant need more light! the reason why they are spread out they way they are.

Valley Village, CA

Could it be a H. retusa X where did you get this plant?
I looked up Ma Vie suggestion and can't locate it in any of my three books, I wonder if I have it in my collection. I wish I could feel it. Ric where are you coming up with these things, do I have your address yet? I think it might be a good idea to send it along at this time. Norma

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Norma, there are many different varieties of Haworthia and other succulents being sold at Home Depot and Walmart. just look around and u will see them. the only problem with both stores are... they are not properly identified.

Valley Village, CA

I'm making a guess based on the left hand size rosette, looking at the big leaf on top, perhaps it could be a H.retusa var. retusa fa. geraldii not grown in enough sun.
Haw. will take more sun than you think and more cold. They will also show their true characteristics with this kind of care. Put it in a window that gets morning sun first. My friend in Pacificia close to the beach and So. of San Francisco grows them in full sun, in a greenhouse, one grows them on a south wall outside all year. He grows them hard, so the leaves are hard as shoe leather, but they sure look pretty. Norma

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Norma this is H.retusa http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week178.shtml , not the same as Ric has posted on the photo above.

i have never grown Haworthia's in full sun or they would 'melt' or vanish completely. the leaves are too tender and can not take full sun specially in my area. but i do give them morning sun and part shade most of the day.

i think u are confusing Haworthia with Gasteria which can tend to be leathery and can take full sun. Haworthia are very tender succculents.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.