clytostoma callistegioides violet trumpet vine

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

I bought one to grow on my fence here in Citrus Heights (near Sac. Ca)It's been cold, but everthing else just takes off here. I have noticed that even at the nusery no tendils.Is this common with vining plants.I have seen this in morning glorys.HELP!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

if you are asking do all vines have tendrils they put out to hang on with ??? the answer is no. i have several vines that dont put out tendrils to hang on with. thats why alot of us have string or something no hurting to the plant around to help support it. you have to gently tie it to supports and train it up things.

most of the time it does find its own way up though. good luck with it. marie

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

ps can i ask where you have gotten it from. a friend has been looking for one but me trying to locate them has brought no luck. thanks

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i am expecting some seeds anyday...i sure hope they grow..i know they arent hardy but with the help of my greenhouse, you never know...any helpful suggestions for the seeds anyone?

cindy

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Monterey-
They DO have tendrils on new growth. They have one on either side of a leaf set, on new growth, at the juncture of the petiole and the stem.
They'll cling to each other, or anything you provide for them, in the way of wire, poles, etc.
The old tendrils tend to dry up and fall off after a while, which can be a really good thing, or it would choke itself out.
-Taylor

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.