Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Another of the tenant leavings. LOL
Sorry about all these but non-thorny succulents aren't my forti or passion. LOL
Though that is slowly changing.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thank you MVR.
I've been dancing around looking forever for that one.
I knew I'd seen it before! I just wasn't thinking hybrid.

Thanks

Valley Village, CA

I going to make a guess, it could be an Echevieria, 'Lola'
perhaps, but I still have another that looks more like it. I went outside just now to find the name, I'm sorry it is lost. Is it lavander in color, if so then I will know what it is, and will even be able to know the parents?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Norma, E.'Lola' is whitish to silverish in petal color http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Crassulaceae/Echeveria_Lola.html , not lavender... no offense but it is totally different from the above variety. i have a Graptoveria Opalina which is purplish in the edges of the the petal tip.

Valley Village, CA

MVR it's a perfectg match. I really thought it was an Echeveria, good catch. Norma

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

As per everyones advice here I've ramped up the light.
Here's a shot taken last night.
Quite a difference.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Valley Village, CA

Could this possibly be gratopetalum paraguayense? there are two colors of these.
I do have 'Lola' in my collection. Small leaves close and tightly formed in a rose. It has red tips coming to a point. Mine is a pale, pastel blue green. the leaves are cordate being very wide and the tip and very narrow at the base. Elongnating as they grow and start to turn down when ready to be removed. It certainly not my 'Lola' I think MVR is right. It also not XGraptoveria 'Opalina' I have a picture of the in front of me/ The Graptoveria have very plumb leaves. but the Graptopetalum paraguayense does not, if you waant a full description I have it in front of me and can reproduce it for you. X Graptoveria 'Opalina' is one of the many choice Echeveria hyubrids produced by Robert Grim of San Jose, CA I also have a full description of this plant, including the parents names. Now which one do you think you have? I sure would like to know. This in formation was obtained from Dry Climate Gardening with succulents, Huntington Botanical Gardens.
Lets see the flowers, it is about to flower soon, some of mine are still in flower at this time.
Norma

Norma

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Norma,
That Graptopetalum paraguayense looks the closest I've seen to my plant.
Especially the one on Desert Tropicals' site.
I'll have to search that one a little more.
Thanks!
Ric

Valley Village, CA

The Graptopetalum comes in two colors, one is called 'Gray Ghost' the other ? They grow tight when given full sun, and take on good colors.
Each color species having it's own name. I just have a hunch, I must look it up before I say a word. Well off to the books again. Norma

Valley Village, CA

I think the gray grapopetelum is more common. If I have the time I will loook up the name of the other (pink) paraguaynsis (spelling) Norma

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

I am also looking for an ID for this plant that I think looks exactly like the first picture.

Anybody agree with me?

So what did we decide on for the ID of the first plant?

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

I think they finally decided it was Graptophyllum, possibly Gray ghost. If not, then it was Graptoveria.

Hi,

I forgot to tell you what mine had written on the tag.

"Graptopetalum subspecies supergum"

Debi

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

My bad, GRAPTOPETALUM, not phyllum....that's what I get for trying to multi-task..grin.

How far is West Ipswich from Brisbane? My daughter is in the Northgate area of Brisbane.

Jean

Valley Village, CA

Rick it's in bad shape, but I think perhaps it may be a Graptopetleum, 'Super Bum' ? found by Myron Kimnach and introduced by the Huntington ISI Introductions. I'll try and find mine and see if I have the ISI number. Keep your hands off of it and it should develope a bloom, like a plum or grape. The color should be lavander. Found it but no label, Sorry I couldn't do better. I know the spelling isn't right, but the wrist hurts too to much to correct it now. Norma

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009 11:10 PM

Valley Village, CA

In 1904 I thought the plant was 'Lola' now I don't believe it is. Norma

Hi Guys,

Looking at the label now it is "superbum", I didn't think there was such a name with BUM in it. lol.

So, can I safely say mine is a "GRAPTOPETALUM SUBSPECIES SUPERBUM"?

So would I say it is a "Graptopetalum superbum"? Or do I have to have the "subspecies" in there?

Debi
P.S. Northgate is about 1 hour from West Ipswich.

Thumbnail by Degarotty
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

if you just say graptopetalum superbum, it would indicate that superbum is a hybrid name, instead of a subspecies, wouldn't it?

Hey SP,

I am still learning about writing the correct names.

Just in case I do a swap, I like to have the correct name.

Thanks All,

Debi

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Debi-
I'm sure you can call it that, and the trader will google it, and certainly find the plant.

I was just being ultra technical...don't mind me :0)

Menasha, WI

Hello everyone, I'm new to Dave's Garden Forum. I have many cacti and succulents in my south and east facing windows. They get me through the long winters here. It'll be nice to talk to someone about my plant passion. Diane

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pleasure to meet you Diane and welcome to Dave's!
I'll start an introduction thread for you and you can meet the gang.

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Diane please click this link and introduce yourself.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056067/

Ric

Vista, CA

Graptopetalum superbum:>) here is an image captured from Palm Bob's collection.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/137156/

link doesn't work!! oh well maybe if you copy into your address line above it will work.

Cheers!

thistlesifter
Bob:>)

This message was edited Dec 9, 2009 3:37 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks BOB!

If it's from Palm Bob it has to be Correct.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

not true!! I make mistakes all the time

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Shhhhh I'm talking you up.... LOL!
Yes as we all do .....but honest mistakes PB and you always fix them in my experience.

Thanks '2 Bobs'!
(Which by the way is the name of a bar I used to frequent)

Lima, OH

The color is absolutely GORGEOUS! Sigh......too many beautiful plants and too little time and space....sigh.

Sharon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.