Diet Challenge, Day 8

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I am having more withdrawal from carbs than i did from the last challenge. Last night I broke form and had 2 pieces of toast with raspberry jam. That will stop me from losing for a day or two, I fear. But I'm back on it this morning. I've been so tired this week that I've been a bit depressed. I'll be glad when Curves gets over their grand opening week and starts opening early so I can exercise in the mornings on my way to work.
I bought a turkey breast the other day and my spousal unit roasted it to perfection; it was really juicy. He also made some turkey salad for me. We simply do not cook meat as long as the directions say, because they come out dry. If the recipe says the themometer should reach 180 deg., that is usually overcooked and dry so we usually aim for 20 deg. cooler.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2004 8:06 PM

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!