January 6, 2004 - Daily Support - How is everyone doing?

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Hi folks. I'm quickly stabilizing. Down about a half pound from Saturday, should easily make my pound goal. I FEEL better, too - like I'm back to normal. It's like I am back in a comfortable routine. Reflecting back, when I was eating poorly, I felt angry with myself, out of control and KNEW I was doing something wrong. Fortunately, it has been very easy to fall back into good eating. I now know what to do and what works for me.

Among the things I am doing:

Lunches
Tuna salad with mayo, dill pickle and celery
Chef salad with feta, a little bit of mozzarella, a few greek olives, pepperoni

Dinners
Hamburger, no bun
Chicken with dry rub
Other proteins
(can you tell I'm going low carb??)

WATER!! - remembering the question from Janie about the water, I am back to drinking a 20 oz. glass of water first thing. Ironic - often we KNOW these things, but it takes a question, hint, trigger to get back in the swing of things. I am following my own advice, I used to drink a large glass of water each morning, but lapsed - and this reminded me again. I'm also going to buy a couple of oranges on the way home from work to start the orange water routine again. I encourage people who like oranges to try it - just slice the orange thin (~ 1/4 inch) and drop the slices in water. As you drink a glass, refill the bottle or pitcher. One orange flavors water for a week.

What tactics would other people like to share? How are people progressing?

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!