How cold is at your place tonite?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Were at a cool 6* at 10pm,windchill is minus -10*.
Where supposed to get to ZERO tonite as well.
But it still a luke warm 56* outside in the greenhouse.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Right now, it's hovering just above freezing (33 or so.) By morning, it will be down to the lower 20s. Tomorrow night will be the coldest thus far this winter (somewhere around 11-15 F.)

My GH is holding steady at 45.6 when I checked on it a few minutes ago. With luck, it will remain between 35 and 40 with the electric heater going; tomorrow night I'll need to have the propane heater ready to fire up to keep it above freezing. (Hopefully the nights in the teens will be few and far between...)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Terry,yep the cold is coming your way,it will be the coldest we've had this year.Just ran out back took a pic of
pond on the deck.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

-10 right now. It is definitely chilly.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

It's getting a bit chilly, 45º, wind chill 36º. Colder than I like it, but I'm not complaining ... much

Cheri'

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

-5 right now and a high of 15! goodness sakes is it spring yet!

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Just off Mississipi Gulf Coast
35 this morning with winds at 25, high today 45. Expecting mid 20s tonight. Can't wait
till spring!!!

Honeybee

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

35 now, supposed to get down to 19 tonight. If it's gonna be that cold, we could at least get some snow!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Jenks - count your blessesing - blowing and drifting snow here - roads are a mess of accidents. I'm gonna stay inside by the wood stove looking at my garden catalogs. I hate this junk!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

It warmed up to 0 overnight, it was -5 when I went to bed. The night before was -15 with hard wind so this feels pretty nice, considering. The cold air is going east, we just didn't want to hog it all for ourselves.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I don't even want to think about it. I'm ready to move south and winter is just getting started. Can tell you that we were right down there with Llilyfan's temps last night. Today the wind is blowing, but the sun is shinning, so it could be worse. I am lucky, or not, that my greenhouse is empty now and will remain that way until sometime in February. At least I don't have to pay a heat bill on it right now...that is the only good thing. Hang in there everyone..spring will get here one day and we will all be happy campers.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

update is worse than sunrise-we are at -15 and falling
the winds are drifting and blowing at 25mph
its COLD!

***sun is in and out of the clouds

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Oh My now there's some cold temps out there,Honibee I didn't think it got that cold on the gulf!!!LOL!
Everybody better put on the longjohns tonite!!!!and keep the flap up tight,were socks to bed,and keep the covers pulled up and over your head,cause its gonna get cold tonite!!!

We filled the bigger (9 gal.) propane tank for the GH heater. It's hovering around 20 right now; will get down to 10 or so by morning. Brrrrrrr!!!!!!

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Less than 20 miles from the Louisiana gulf coast and the forcast calls for lows in the upper 20's tonite.

I hate freezes. *pout*

I really feel for those of ya'll with the negative temps. I'd just curl up and die.

Cheri'

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow Cheri,thats really cold for you guys!Do you get snow or just ice when precipataions falls at your place!
Terry,might even get colder than that tonite!!

You hush up now.

NO IT WON'T. Nuh uh. No way, no how. If I have to huff and puff hot air all night to create my own microclimate, it ain't gonna get in the single digits. If it does, I'm packing up and moving to Alabama or Mississippi. Love them Vols, but I don't "do" single digit temps.

*grin*

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

I thought it was cold here in Ohio, but after reading how cold it is where you folks are, I think we are still having a heat wave. It was 7* when I got up this morning. Gained a couple degrees during the day, but it will be around 0 by midnight. Windy too. And a little snow.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well lets not take any chances with uncovered skin outside with these low temps,frost bite can hit faster than you think to unexposed skin.
I always wondered how those people race the dog sleds during those snowstorms?And that real young lady whose entered in it this year!Now that takes power of the mind in Braverly,I get lost if I turn around in the shower,less lone in that big Alaska wilderness,I take my hats off to those people.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Tropicman, it snows maybe once a decade here. Talk about a mess then! Mostly we just get ice, but it rarely stays below freezing for more than a few hours, so even that isn't a real problem. I realize that compared to most, I have nothing to complain about, but I CAN'T STAND THE COLD!!! LOL

Terry, I'm sending warm thoughts your way.

Cheri'

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Tropicman,

We have a few cold night this
time of year, we even had snow March of 93. Just glad there are only a few. Weatherman said
28 south of I-10 & we are about 15 miles north of I-10, it is always about 5-6 degrees colder
for us. He also said freezing temps will last 6 hours, most of the time freeze is only a couple of hours. For us 6 hours is a life time!! Did I mention I had cold weather!!!

Honeybee

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

So honeybee its safe to say,you sleep thru your freezes !LOL!So its been 10 yrs since you've seen snow!!!
Wish I could say that!

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

It is a balmy 9 degrees right now. Up from a low of -5 when I woke this morning. Wind chill, of course, takes about 15 to 25 degrees off those numbers. BRRRRRRR!

;~D

LimeyLisa Kay

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Wish I could say I'll be sleeping! I've been off work for a week, tomorrow is my first day back! I get up at 4am leave home at 5am for my 50 mile drive to work, for 12 shifts. During
the winter I don't see the sun
when I am working. Guess it could be worse, I could be driving in snow (NO WAY). Can't wait for the time change!

Honeybee

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Whoa! Honeybee,You don't get to see much of the sun when its summer time either,working those hours and driving that far to and from work everyday!I tip my hat to you too!For a job well done.
LLIsa,south winds start blowing again tomorrow,so be looking for a warm up!Altho it won't be much,but a start!

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

Sure would like to see that warm up come. Unfortunately, it often means more snow too! Oh well, I can stand a bit of snow if it means warmer temps!

;~D

LimeyLisa Kay

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

It's a balmy 6 degrees above zero in Cedar Rapids, Iowa but I'm sure it will cool a bit by nightfall. Time to cuddle up in front of the fire with garden catalogs.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Got down to 14 last night...wind chill about 0. 'Sposed to be about the same tonight...it has been hovering about freezing during the day. Greenhouse stays about 65 until nightfall. I don't have any tenders out there,so I'm not heating it at the moment.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Look out east coast,the Big Chill is coming to your place!!!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

This was our warmest day in a week. Got up to 17 degrees above today and still holding. Our coldest night-morning of the past week was minus 9 degrees. We did get about 3 inches of snow yesterday and during the night. i do believe our weather has reached some of the rest of you. I am surely ready for spring, but guess the best I can do is look at catalogs. Hope it doesn't get too cold for you all. Donna

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

It's pretty chilly up here in Alaska, as well. Here in Seward, the outside temp is 15F, but the wind is howling, so I'm sure it's -35F with the windchill factor. Our last two winters were wet and snowless, so we're not too unhappy with cold weather, but 25 degrees would be better.

Now, when you get up in the interior regions, say Fairbanks, it's much colder, -6F now and supposed to drop to -32. Down in Southeast Alaska, it's about 34F right now. We're a big state with lots of different temps.

I think it's always harder to stand the cold when you don't get it on a regular basis. Our houses are insulated for cold, we have a 500 gal oil tank, a plow truck, 12" thick house logs, and lots of cold weather gear.

Weezin I think you're right about not getting the cold on a regular basis. The UPS man didn't mind at all while I got his paperwork done-he warmed up a little.

It's 22 here, 10 with the wind chill.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow Wezin,thats what I call really prepared for the cold!!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

It's 18 right now, I think our high today was 23. It's warmer than it has been the last couple of nights... BRRRR I HATE cold weather!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well I can bear the cold a little better as long as the sun is shining!!!Looking for 50* Saturday!!!

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

We lucked out last night, only got to 28. Tonight same thing mid 20's. We excpect rain
tomorrow night & all day Friday.
BUMMMER!!!!

Honeybee

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

20 degrees here right now with a slight chance of flurries. This is warm for Iowa winter, unlike what it was a couple of days ago.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Brugie,
At work,we have about a dozen guys from North east Iowa,down here from the GMT corpartion doing some tooling changes for us,they have been here 2 and half weeks now,There home sick but don't miss the cold and snow,well the snow anyways the cold is here!!!But they said it gets a lot colder there than here!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

It's chillly here now, but we'll all get used to it. When the 30 degree weather comes again, we'll all be running around with our coats open!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

35 this morning when I got up...things are looking better here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.