January 3, 2004 - The Challenge Begins

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Updated - WOW~~~ I totaled the goal amounts and it's 299.5 pounds. Go team!! This is quite exciting - as a group, we're committing to losing a lot of weight. If I missed anyone or have goals wrong, please holler!

Everyone, welcome aboard. We're starting our diet challenge today. I am going to go through the past week's posts to see if there are any goals listed and will summarize here. I will also email the people I post totals for to get confirmation that they are in the challenge and I have the numbrs right.

Dates - now until April 3, 2004 (13 weeks)
Posting - people are encouraged to post their progress on the weekly Saturday post. Please post your progress on the current week because it's often difficult to track down statuses posted on different weeks. To see if there is a new thread, just refresh the Health, Dieting and Beauty Forum: http://davesgarden.com/f/health/
Progress - I'll take over from darius who has done a great job during the past two challenges and post results every Saturday. I'll post progress for the week and % towards total.
Support - Please feel free to make a posting any day you feel like it. Even if you don't think you have anything to say. We're all in this together and everyone has something to contribute.

Bug_Girl - 5 pounds
darius - 10 pounds
Dea - 20 pounds
dough448 - 32.5 pounds
Greenwood - 3 pounds
JoanJ - 20 pounds
leaflady - 5 pounds
Lenjo - 20 pounds
lilyfan - 20 pounds
Melissa_Ohio - 20 pounds
mtnmama - 20 pounds
roadrunner - 20 pounds
sbarr - 12 pounds
springsong - 15 pounds
Sugar_fl - 10 pounds
sveiks - 15 pounds
tomden - 13 pounds
vic - lose 4 inches (hopefully not height)
woodspirit1 - 26 pounds
ZenZinnia - 13 pounds

Go ahead and contact any others you think might be interested - I know this isn't a common forum, so if you think someone else might be interested, please invite them along. We can include new people even up to the end, as long as they post a goal.

And everyone, please remember - even if you aren't in the challenge, we do have a daily posting to share ideas, concerns, progress.

updated to include additional folks and amounts

This message was edited Jan 7, 2004 7:07 AM

This thread has 53 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!