Hello from IL, so glad to join!

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow! This seems to be the friendliest place I've ever seen! I've been using the database for a while and have posted a few hosta pics but then realized just what I was missing in not joining DG! I have learned so much from all of you and am very greatful.
My interests in plant varieties are very difficult to narrow down, lets just say I'm never bored. I also love amature photography, to me it just goes hand-in-hand with savering every perfect bloom transforming them into everlasting memories!
Through the winter months the only thing that keeps me going is my 'plant room' where I have 11- 48" shop lights and jam packed full of all sorts of plants from cacti to hosta seedlings, tropicals, a couple of orchids (to my suprise, my 1st. ever has a bloom stalk!), even a beautiful burgandy blooming impatient and a viola I couldn't bare to toss in the fall. I have over 130 hosta in my garden, thanks to my sister-inlaw as my insperation! I have two small fish ponds and love the rustic look.
I look forward to visiting here where it's warm and friendly through these dreary dark winter months!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Welcome! I've been here since Dec 13 and love it. Your garden sounds like a place I could camp at forever!

Welcome to DG! Your garden really does sound lovely. DG is indeed a warm and friendly place to be, and it's great to greet you as a new member.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Daves. I can't wait to see some of your pictures. Your place sounds beautiful. Where in Illinois are you located? I'm in southcentral Iowa. Maybe if you aren't too far away, you would want to join us for our Roundup of Daves members for a potluck lunch and plant trade. There are some threads on the Roundup forums that you might want to look at. We have a lot of fun and what a great way to get to know other members of Daves Garden. Enjoy your tour of Daves Garden. I'm sure you are now hooked on this place and it only gets worse. I find myself turning on the computer first thing in the morning, even before coffee. LOL!

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Growitgreen and welcome from California. Your plant room sounds gorgeous. I can't wait to see pictures of your "babies" in your gardens.

Welcome and see you 'round the garden.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

growitgreen - wow - some garden. you will love it here and welcome from upstate new york

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome Growitgreen!
As a transplant from North Central Illinois to Central Iowa, (both zone 5a) I can assure you that you have indeed found the most garden friendly spot on the Internet. Be sure to get on the mailing list for Dave's Round-up this Spring.
Welcome aboard!
Iowaron

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! And thanks too for the invitation to the Roundup Brugie & Iowaron, sounds like loads of fun, I will check it out on the Roundup forum! I am 4 1/2 hrs from you, just north of Peoria. I was in your neck of the woods (sort of) in the summer, my sister inlaw and I made a trip to Gardentown USA nursery in Davenport, great people they are and nice plants as well!
The snow is really coming down here right now, adds spectacular beauty to the ornimnetal grasses!
Here is a photo of my "indoor" garden.

Thumbnail by Growitgreen
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

What town are you in Growitgreen? My DH relatives are in Peoria, Morton, Washington, Gridley, etc. Lots of them! Hope to meet you at the RU. :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, I see some great plants there and they look really healthy. Is that a brug I see standing tall? I should have some brugs to swap at the Roundup. Haven't really decided what I'm going to have yet. Will have to get the greenhouse opened and heated and go from there. Wish I had your setup. Looks great.

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes Brugie, it's a white flowering brug in the pic. She is producing more buds again too! Last year I started them from seed (I have two) and had an awful time with spider mites on them and several other plants as well. This year so far so good! I brought them indoors extra early and that may be why? You have a greenhouse!, Oh how wonderful! Maybe someday.....(soon,lol) Brugs to swap! Different colors?! On the top left shelf of the pic I have a bunch of really fancy Coleus I started from cuttings in the fall from my yard, perhaps I'll take cuttings from them now to trade at the Round up! (Oh, I need a larger plant room!)
Kooger, I live in Chillicothe just north of Peoria along the IL river. I visit Washington and Morton both a few times per year.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I have no idea what my seeds will produce, but that is half the fun of growing them from seeds. I may even have rooted cuttings if I can find room for them all to survive over the winter months. I love coleus. Didn't have many this year as our greenhouse decided they weren't going to grow as many kinds and I don't get away from here much in the spring to shop.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Growitgreen, welcome from yet another IA gardener. Looking forward to meeting you at the round up.
Sue

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Oh, I just saw this! Welcome Growitgreen!

Your plants are beautiful. Mine are limping along; may have to get the lights out and hook up.

You will love the round-up. We had so much fun last year!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome from over here in Michigan-Ive been here since the beginning of davesgarden! glad to have another member!

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Growitgreen, As you can see, I am a very close neighbor (in Worldwide DG terms!) being less than an hour from you! Welcome to DG. I have found it one of the best websites on the internet!

Glad you found us.

;~D

LimeyLisa Kay

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice to meet you LimeyLisa Kay! I love your town of Princeton and visit there once or twice a year, I bought my Loyalist at the new super Walmart this past summer too. I do get to Hornbaker's twice every year too! Have some great pictures of their display gardens and of course a few of there hostas as well. We just might have to meet there this summer! I love it here at DG and have learned so much!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, glad to see a new hosta collector onboard!
Teresa in Ky

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

a warm and friendly welcome to Growitgreen from central Iowa! Hope to see you at the round up!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello and welcome. I know this is kind of late, but better than not at all. Davesgarden is sure a fun place, you can get lost in here for hours and come out wondering what happened.

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks!
I'll be at the RU! I'm having a ball here @ Daves's and yes! I do get lost wondering where time went. Such a nice and warm way to spend cold winter days!
I just posted a list of plants I'm planning to bring to the RU and a list of my "many" wants. LOL Now I just have to decide what I'm going to bring for food!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.