January 1, 2004 (the start of a year to be proud of)

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Hi fellow dieters - I'm back. Probably the worst family troubles ever. Seems that each visit back to NM gets worse and worse. My parents are getting older, but still deal with problems of a brother of mine who never really grew up (41, living at home, no real job, drug-induced hallucinations). Unfortunately, they continue to try to take care of him rather than letting him hit rock bottom on his own accord and make the decision to grow up and join the rat race like the rest of us.

I ate very poorly - got on the scale this morning and am up another three or so pounds from before I left. Yes, mostly carbs, which will flush away within a week or so.

I want to try to remember how I terrible I felt eating the wrong foods so I can try to associate eating poorly with feeling terrible. And eating well with feeling optimistic.

Now for the good stuff - I do think as we sit back, reflect on our goals, what we are capable of - that many of us can be in maintenance mode by the next holiday season.

That is my adamant conviction - that I will be in maintenance mode by Thanksgiving next year. It will be tough - but it is possible. And what makes it possible - STARTING TODAY. Resolving today to eat right, exercise - and make this a year of doing things right!

I look forward to the upcoming challenge - I intend to really get back in the swing of things NOW, TODAY, IMMEDIATELY.

grin

Hoping my strong words of urgency will have a subliminal effect on me.

Hugs and cheers to all - I know each of us can make some significant progress in 2004 so that when we reflect back - it'll be a year to be proud of.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!