Fast growing vine to cover a chain link fence

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I do not have it sadly! I want that yellow one!

Brugie, do you have the yellow morning glory or the yellow passion vine?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Kell, I had the yellow glory a couple of years ago, but it didn't bloom or even have a sign of a bud. I've had the Sunburst passie, but I didn't like the smell of it. Mothball smell in the garden didn't blend well with the brugs and other smells.

Beverly Hills, CA(Zone 10a)

Look what I just won on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2370026521&ed=1073245073000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:US:3
I hope that link works it's a mauve color passion vine!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

B2B, good deal for you. I have done business with Hirts greehouse plenty of times. Plants are healthy and well packaged when shipped. Good luck, beautiful passion vine.

Molly

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I have thousands of Morning Glory seeds. One cultivar is Grandpa Otts, a dark purple with almost black purple veins, and a bright hot pink that was given to me. It might be of the Tye Dye strain. One must remember tho that I have had wild MGs and a white one also in the yarden so there may well have been some hybridizing. If you want some seeds contact me thru DG.

Beverly Hills, CA(Zone 10a)

Molly, I've emailed him to ask if he had another 2 of each.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with him.

When buying vines how many of each variety would you suggest? I just saw a Grandiflora Thunbergia 'Blue Skyflower & an "Antiqua at Logees that I love too. Does anyone have these? www.logees.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=5183-4 Do these hyperlinks work? I feel another obsession coming on.

b2b, if you go back to the ebay page for the plant you won, click on the item that says "View sellers other items" Al has several other passifloras. Take a look at the entire list. You'll find several colors and some that even bear fruit. You can go ahead and order it on a "Buy it Now" without having to bother competing for it.

My back fence shown in the first picture that I loaded is a 90 ft fence. I have 2 purples and 1 red growing on that fence that have spread both ways and mingled into each other so you see both colors all over the fence,and it took a year to cover it. Keep in mind the vines I bought were in 3 gal pots. Take care not to put too many in, they will crowd each other out.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

My neighbor has hers covered with Honeysuckle. I took a cutting from her this last year and it's doing well. It took about 2 years for it to really get going, but if you saw hers now, you'd see it was worth it (very lush and thick) and very very fragrant.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

That Trumpet Vine idea is also very good, since you live in California. A friend of mine sent me seeds about 3 years ago, but they don't grow up here. They are beautiful.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Oh, Thank you Brugie! You know where IT is going!

Karrie;

I'm glad you added that about honeysuckle. I put a vine in about a year + ago on my side fence. It looked like it was not going to make it, til the end of this summer. I did get a little more grownth and some flowers, finally. So patience is the key. One more winter and it should really kick off this spring then. I needed that encouragement.
Thanks,
Molly

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Patience is the key in many plants that are worthwhile. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.