Introduction

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I just realized I posted asking help and hadn't introduced myself.
How rude! LOL

I'm Ric and have been 'playing' w/ Succulents for years.
Last year I got serious and bought a marvelous named collection of about 30 specimens from a friend and mentor.

I currently have about 130 Cactus and Succulents on hand and will need a LOT of help in their ID's.
As we pick up a lot of them at Lowes and HD most are not named.

We are currently growing about 1500 different plants in the yard and over-Wintering about 250 indoors so Winter is about the only time I have to really work w/ ID'ing the Succulents.

I've included a shot of about 80 or so of them hanging out in their Summer home.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

It is pleasure to meet you Ric.
Click my name and you'll see what kind of person I am.

I am pretty new with Cactuses and Succulents and I already have very many nice species, and my collection grows all the time.

http://www.freewebs.com/cactus-collection there you can see just few pictures of my collection.

Ps. Your cactus shelf is really nice.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2003 3:27 PM

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Ric! I don't hang out on this Forum much... just happened to see your post.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome to the cactus forum Ric.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow! You really have a neat collection of cacti. Thanks for posting the picture.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the welcome and comments!
I started photographing my C & S individually a few days ago and am in the process of getting them labeled and on a site.
Many of the names here are very familiar from Plantsdata and I've already used many of the photos for ID's. THANKS!

At this point my C & S are part Collection and mostly just ones I've aquired.
As I get more educated about them and their care, then I will consider it a Collection. ;)

Ric

Side note: roshana, I love those shots from Phoenix.
Do you have any more on a Site somewhere?

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

welcome henry! i pick up cacti and succulents at hd and lowes all the time too-- and 'assorted cactus' isnt too helpful now is it. so i have tons of unlabled little ones around here. haha--so ill be watching all your id's of your great 'collection' and get some new info! glad youre here. susanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.