talk about extremes!!!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

hi, gang!.......we have here ....lemon tree in California and, I think, two yrs ago. winter! Elaine

Thumbnail by Roselaine

You have almost as much snow as we do, although that's not saying much. Just took this out the patio doors this aft.

Thumbnail by echoes
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

What a lovely view echoes...so nice to see your visitors!

Sure...NICE, I just sat here and watched them nibble on my cedars.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Can tell I'm a city girl...just love seeing the wildlife.
My inlaws, years ago, planted an orchard on their farm...
if it wasn't the deer, or the raccoon, it was the grasshoppers that decimated their fruit, or the trees.

What's your weather like this winter Elaine? (It's only
because our temps are at -10C daytime that I'm asking this...)

Elaine, those lemons sure look yummy. Do you have the tree indoors?

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

hello there!..the lemon tree is my girlfriend's in Palm Springs, and no, we do not have any of the whitestuff this winter...two yrs ago this photo was taken. Our weather this winter, has been a little of this and a little of that...no snow....we've had freezing cold nights and days, along with sunny dry days, and wet rainy ones...right now, it is raining out with a temperature of 7Celsius.maybe 3 at night!

Well I fell for that one. Read it the first time, honest. I hope you don't get any snow. Like to think there's still someplace I can go in Canada where it's never really winter.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hey Pam - we don't really call Moose Jawians??? Jawites?? city folk do we(LOL)? We've had some pretty big dumps of the white stuff here but quite a bit has disappeared. Still enough for decent cover though.

I know how destructive those brown eyed beauties can be but some how the occasional gift of having their presence in my drive or yard late of a winter evening seems such a gift that I shouldn't begrudge them a nibble or two of something exotic.

In addition to it being the busiest time in the dining room we managed to feed 350 or so at a medical mall Christmas function last evening. For the foodies here is the hors d'oeuvre list - cold poached shrimp, bacon wrapped scallops, st mary's smoked salmon canapes, hot chili shrimp, mongolian lamb chops, potato kugel, rosemary corn oysters, stuffed criminin mushrooms, spanakopita, lamb skewers, beau sejour chicken, balsamic roasted veggies, fancy sandwiches (egg salad, chicken salad, horseradish beef), mango shrimp wraps, chocolate dipped strawberries

You're making me hungry. LOL. Sounds like a wonderful menu.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

jagonjune... :b ...it's big enough to keep the wildlife
away (from my backyard anyway)! You are a cruel soul
posting your menu...it should be a rule that you have
to post the recipes as well (especially for the stuffed
mushrooms and the mango shrimp wraps)!!

and what's beausejour chicken?

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

pam you have mail (lots).

echoes beau sejour anything is done with fresh thyme, garlic, bay leaf, cider vinegar and olive oil. Very flavourful seasoning for chicken, pork, veal, some seafood. Its great because you get all the flavour in a very short time. (You can't use it as a marinade because the cider vinegar will toughen the meat if left on for any length of time)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

:) Got it thanks :)!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.