Amaryllis "Pasadena"

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I got this one on sale at Lowes for $2.00. They were marked down because they were damaged and were not suppose to bloom this year........Surprise......wish I would have bought more.....
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

In any pictures I have seen of Pasadena, they were bright red with a white center.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I got one at Lowes on houston for 4.00. The picture shows a beautiful red and white.It is sending up 3 bloom stems. The skin is awful loose I guess lack of water. Also almost white from lack of sun. I wish I had more money. I would have gotten one more. Found 2 Jack in pulpit pkgs with i bulb each for 1.00 each.
Boy I love a sale. Check out your lowes. 50% fall bulbs.
God Bless
Sandy

This message was edited Dec 9, 2003 12:46 PM

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I think Pasadena is a name that alot of them carry. I have seen Pasadena White, Red and the pink or salmon color. There are so many Amaryllis I'm sure you have seen many same names in diffrent colors. This one was labled in the box, but the red and white were also Pasadenas...
Dee

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Mine is blooming and it is not red--makes me sick. Should be a law against not sending exact same one. It is very pretty and I wouldn't give it up but I was watching for a vivid red not a pink.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

ilovejesus99 where did you get yours? If you got it at Lowes then they could be mis-labled. I have gone back and looked at more of them and all the Lables say Pasadena no matter what color they are. But when you take them out of the box and look at the lable on the pot the discription reads Red with White stripes........
So Kelli and MaVia could be right even thought the gardener at Lowes insist that the label on the box is correct...As I was told "Pasadena" is just the Call name, the flower can be any color such as "Pasadena Peach", "Pasadena White" and so forth, but after doing some research on this one all I find for Pasadena is the Red with White Stripe..

Since mine bloomed a second stalk the flowers are darked but still not what I would call red.....

Dee

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Dee
i do not know about Lowe's purchases on plants. i bought mine @ HD... so long as u got the receipt, they will always change the bulb/plant to the right plant/bulb, when u tell them u got the wrong plant. it does not hurt to call the store where u bought it from. inquire if they will change cause it is mislabelled.

am now in Los Angeles, going home this weekend.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I got mine at lowes. It was in the box with the right picture, wrong bulb. I has 3 bloom stalks, and the flowers are much smaller than the other ones I have. It is a keeper. But I really wanted the pasadena-red. Oh well I will check when I get back out again, maybe they will be blooming and marked down?

Sandy

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Have a recipte.....huh......its been a couple of weeks since I bought it and I'm lucky to have a recipte on important stuff much less plants I buy......I don't think I want to take it back anyway. I like it and will eventually get a red one.

I have several others that will be blooming in the coming months.I bought some others earlier this year at Wal-Mart and somewhere else, don't really remember. I know one of those is suppose to be Red and the other is Pink......

My only mistake was to take it for granted the plant was correctly labled and I posted it according. As far as the color of the flower I didn't care.........LOL
Merry Christmas......
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.