Monday Dec 8, 2003

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning farmers. This morning we woke up to about half an inch of snow. Yesterday I worked on that messy corner flower bed again. Why oh why did I let it go so long? Well, probably because I knew it was going to be a hard job with a lot of roots to dig out. I got my aerobic workout yesterday digging and chopping rose bush roots and tree roots, even got my hubby to help me with the toughest one, I was tired by then and it was time to feed the horses. If this snow melts by mid afternoon I can get more done without getting too wet. While I have been digging I've also been planning what to put in there. No more vinca, it is pretty but the quack grass grows up through it and can't be pulled out without doing major damage. There are roots going every which way, the wild roses also invaded. A few years ago wild roses and vinca seemed to be a good plan, we live and learn don't we? I think I'll put daylilies there after adding a tractor bucket load of compost, and keep the bed mulched heavily and the rose bush sprouts snipped off and weeds pulled when they are small. That's the plan anyhow.
Meanwhile, the Christmas cards are waiting, still in their boxes, and the laundry isn't doing itself either.
Have a great day everyone, count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!