December 7, 2003 AHA!!!!!!!!!!

Morning all....For those of you that get the Parade magazine in your Sunday paper, last week was about weight lifting and how is raises your resting metabolic rate, etc. The question today is "Is it possible to lose inches without losing weight?" And the answer... "Yes. If you are working out consistently, you may not lower your weight but will lower the amount of body fat you are carrying. A pound of muscle is denser than a pound of fat taking up about 22% less space. So, as you replace the fat with muscle, you lose inches." Well, of course we have already discussed this and yes, we already knew this but it sure makes me feel better when the scale goes in STUCK mode which for me is most of the time anymore even though my clothes are loose, etc. He also goes on to say that if you diet without exercise, the numbers on the scale will drop but you may lose muscle as well. Ok, just needed to reassure myself :-). I will definitely change my goals for the New Year's challenge. Not sure to what but I will come up with some that is measureable. Have a relaxing Sunday everyone!

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!