It's really snowing!!

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Boy is it ever coming down. The latest prediction for us is 6 to 10 inches. Unfortunately for me the snowmobile trails aren't open yet. :( The bad part of this storm for our area is the ice underneath the snow. This should be a very busy day for the snow plow crews and tow trucks.

Havertown, PA(Zone 6a)

Here (just outside Phila) we have about an inch on the ground but it's supposed to change to rain later, with another system bringing 4 - 8 tomorrow. Welcome, winter!

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm about 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh on the side of a mountain and I've already gotten 2 inches.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It snowed here overnight. About 2". We have had about 10" so far but most has melted.
Supposed to get to 40º on Sunday.
That is warm for here in Dec.
Bernie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Its missing me!!! :P

Just heard on our ocal news that Pa can expect up to 12 inches of snow .
Stay in, stay warm and stay safe

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

It's snowing here too (I'm about two and a half hours northeast of Pittsburgh)- that little stuff that piles up quickly. :-/

We are right on the edge of the 1-3" and 3-6" range. Hope it holds off until my DH gets home from work tonight. He has to travel for an hour, some of it on I-80, to get home.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

My normal 10 minute drive to work just took me 45 minutes! Coming down in buckets and 10 more inches predicted.

The gardens will be so happy with this snow cover :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

will someone bag up some and send it to me on Christmas day???
y'all be careful

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

TiG, if I honestly thought there was a way to get it to you without it melting, I would send you a tractor trailer full of snow! LOL

Everybody always thinks they'd like to have snow on Christmas day. Last year we had a snowstorm on Christmas Day, and it got so bad we had to cut short the festivities at my mother's house and come home. It was awful.

To add insult to injury, we had another bad snowstorm on New Years Day and also had to come home early!

Is it May yet?

I think maybe JustMeLisa just might enjoy some as well. Send some her way.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

see, if I know it's going to get bad, I just get the kids here with the babies and then let them get snowed in here. lol! a tracker trailer full sounds just about right! LOL!!
I've never ever had snow on Christmas day, I still want it.

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I suppose if you've never experienced a White Christmas, it would be something you'd want to see. Sometimes it is really pretty-- when the snow is big flakes falling softly and the outside Christmas lights are all on. Other times, it's a pain when you need to go somewhere and can't because the roads are bad.

This is the view out my front door this morning about 10:30. Enjoy!

Thumbnail by IndaShade
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I was up in West Virginia for one heck of a snow storm at christmas about 4 years ago. It was an amazing amount of snow, measured in feet not inches, and it was beautiful. I agree that it is yucky after a few weeks, all dirty and cold, but at Christmas it's great. Here in the Atlanta area, we get plenty cold (down to 29 so far, and down to 7 last winter) but we get no snow. So it's just dead and brown and rainy and dreary and depressing. Granted it only lasts for 2-3 months, but it sucks. Just my 2 cents. :)
All those pics in the gardening books about having plants dead in winter that look all pretty in ice and frost and with snow on them does us no good. It all just looks dead.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Dea, know the feeling, travelled down from Hagerstown, doesn't Frederick Co. know it is snowing? LOL, even my deadend street in Hagerstown was clear but when I hit Fred. Co. over the MT, uhoh! Calling for 6-18" here and we plan on heading to the cabin at the gap this afternoon??? May be the last you hear from me this winter LOL!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

this was my favorite winter, January 2002. it lasted less than a week and was gone.

Thumbnail by tiG
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Back in the early 80's, I was working on a dairy fram.
Both Thanksgiving day & Christmas eve & day were spent there because the roads were completly blocked. I was only 5 miles from home. Really sucks when you have small children and can't be with them!
Happy snowstorm!
Bernie

With all the snow that everyone is having there, just have to show you what a Texas snowman looks like here.

Thumbnail by CoCo
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

lol CoCo! I think it looks beautiful to have snow... even last year we didnt have any electricity for 2 days with temps down to 10. It was cold, but everyone stayed warm, and we played games by cadlelight. It was a great time. People got stuck here, and we made due with what we had. We all just kept in mind that soon it would melt, and be warm again. :o)

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Sledder, thank you so much for taking all the snow! We didn't get any from the storm, just lots and lots of drizzle. It was about 45F most of yesterday :) Too bad I am spending most of my time inside studying. One more day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.